First Baptist Church of Robertsdale is looking for a full-time music/worship minister. This individual will be a musically gifted, spiritually mature, biblically grounded Christian who will lead all worship ministries at our church under the direction of our Pastoral Staff. We are looking for someone who can lead our congregation in a mixed style of traditional hymns and modern worship music.
- Plan, schedule, lead, and coordinate (in conjunction with the Pastoral staff) Christ-exalting music for all worship services by choosing songs that will engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word.
- Encourage all generations in the church by recruiting, teaching, and training musicians/singers to serve the Lord in the areas where they are gifted.
- Coordinate and direct weekly rehearsals with the choir, praise band, praise teams, sound/technology volunteers.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community within all areas of responsibility.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church ministry and programs aligned with the vision and mission statement of the church for the betterment of the congregation as well as the community.
- Organize, administer, and manage all areas of the music/worship ministry.
- Provide inspiration, leadership, and encouragement for participation in God-honoring music ministries of the church: choir, accompanists, special music, praise band, children’s choir, etc.
- Actively participate in church outreach, prayer meetings and visitation ministries.
- Be responsible for the care, upkeep, organization, and inventory of all church musical equipment.
- Assisting the Pastoral staff as necessary.
- Be a believer in Jesus Christ with a genuine, vibrant, and growing relationship with Him.
- Have a desire to disciple and live the Gospel for the glory of God.
- Be committed to moral purity and maintain moral and ethical standards and practices as evidenced in Scripture.
- Have theological views compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message, with a desire for continued growth and maturity as a godly person through prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Actively participate in a community group on Sunday morning or on another night of the week.
- Have the ability to read and direct both choral and instrumental music.
- Honor others by communicating effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
- Be able to work as a team player with the Pastoral Staff and participants in music.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated because of your relationship with Christ.
- Be interested and willing to engage people of all ages.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and/or seminary degree with musical emphasis (preferred but not required)