We are praying for you as you seek God’s calling! Yes, even before we know you, we want you to know we are praying for you! We are earnestly looking for a pastor who will become part of our church family and embrace our community as we grow to become the church God desires us to be, alive and vitally engaged with our town of Fowler.
We are seeking a pastor who:
• Has a contagious love and enthusiasm for Christ, His Church, the congregation, and the community, and a deep belief that the power of prayer is key to our life in Christ.
• Has an appreciation for the faith of our church as demonstrated in its rich history and traditions and can lead us to become the Church relevant in our community today.
• Exhibits solid Biblical teaching skills with a strong background of understanding scripture, Biblical principles of leadership, stewardship, discipleship and the ability to communicate those teachings effectively.
• Has a desire to share life and fellowship with all ages and stages of the congregation, developing relationships beyond the church walls.
• Has a passion for sharing Christ in order that others may know Him personally.
• Is a servant leader, desiring to meet the needs of others, leading with love and compassion while developing leadership in others so that we can be equipped to better serve our Lord.
• Has a heart to serve the hurt, needy, lost, or lonely, looking beyond the walls of the church to meet the needs of the community.
• Would be involved in our community to draw others into fellowship with Christ.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Masters of Divinity
• Either ordained or seek to be ordained in Evangelical Presbyterian Church
• Previous pastoral experience
Expectations and Responsibilities:
• Lead the congregation by preaching and teaching God’s word with applications to daily living, administering the Sacraments, and guiding the congregation in worship.
• Demonstrate care and concern for the members of the congregation through visits in homes, giving comfort and guidance so that people may experience the love of Jesus.
• Develop leadership in the church for outreach to the community through evangelism, local mission support, and involvement in community activities.
• As the teaching elder, lead the session, deacons, staff, and volunteers with grace and humility in order to deepen their relationship with Christ and become better servants of the Church and community.
• Seek out new church members and offer classes to grow the church, strengthen relationships with Christ, and unite our congregation. Develop discipleship programs for new believers.
• Develop relationships with other Christian churches and organizations to bring unity to the work of Christ in Fowler.