The Pastor of Adult Ministries is responsible for the spiritual formation of the adults at HPC. This person will oversee the infrastructure for spiritual growth and relational connection for the adults who attend HPC. He is to oversee the development, implementation and oversight of ministries intended to connect visitors, assimilate members, and facilitate spiritual growth and discipleship. Also, he engages in the general pastoral responsibilities as shared with the other members of the Pastoral staff.
The Pastor of Adult Ministries reports to the Senior Pastor.
1. Establish a clear pathway for discipleship with steps, classes, groups and opportunities for adults to follow as we equip and point them to spiritual maturity.
2. Provide opportunities for newcomers and congregational members to become a part of a group for the purpose of spiritual growth, fellowship, and ministry.
3. Develop and oversee all aspects of the Adult Sunday School, including teacher recruitment and curriculum development.
4. Develop and oversee all aspects of the Small Group Ministry, including:
a. Recruitment, training, oversight, and shepherding of leaders
b. Providing biblically-based and strategically selected material
5. Provide oversight for all adult ministry teams as a direct report. Current ministries include Small Groups, Men’s Ministry, Women’s Ministry, and Greeting Team.
6. In cooperation with the Men’s Ministry Team, plan, oversee and promote an annual Men’s Retreat
1. Recruit and facilitate the Greeting Team.
2. Oversee planning and implementation of programs to ensure that visitors are being made to feel welcome at HPC.
3. Develop and implement ways to encourage all attendees at HPC to become actively involved.
4. Assist the congregation in discovering and using their spiritual gift(s)
5. Work with the elders and shepherding elders to identify and encourage members who are either inactive or becoming less active in the church.
Other Pastoral Duties:
1. Will serve as the direct report for other staff members such as the Children’s Ministry Director, the Day School Director and the Secretary.
2. Preaching and Teaching – Will be the primary preaching backup for the Senior Pastor and will be scheduled or called upon to preach on Sunday mornings as needed. (Approx. 6-8 times per year.). Will also teach/speak on a regular basis in various capacities such as Sunday School, Small Groups, and Leadership Classes.
3. Serve as an active member of both presbytery and general assembly.
4. Share in other pastoral and ministry responsibilities as needed and agreed upon after consultation with the Senior Pastor.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a passionate relationship with Him that is evident to all
2. Consistent spiritual and moral character and lifestyle that complies with the Biblical qualifications as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:7-9
3. Ordained or ordainable in the PCA
4. Agreement with PCA and HPC doctrine, mission, vision, and values
5. Member in good standing of the Tennessee Valley Presbytery of the PCA or authorized to work out of bounds by some other presbytery
6. Spiritual gift mix of leadership, teaching and administration
7. Needs to be a teachable, flexible team player
8. Needs to be organized and able to plan ahead and manage multiple ministries
9. Needs to be self-motivated and able to complete tasks on time
10. Needs to be able to coordinate teams and delegate work
11. Must pass the Church’s background check
• Salary (Commensurate with Experience and Education)
• Group Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Retirement Match (up to $1200 a year)
• Cell Phone Reimbursement ($50/mo)
• Annual Continuing Education Allowance
• Book Allowance
• 4 Weeks Vacation
• 10 Paid Holidays
If Interested in taking the next steps to explore this opportunity, please provide the following:
• Cover letter: letter explaining why you think you are the right candidate for this position
• Current resume: including full work history
• PCA Ministerial Data Form: you can request a copy here: https://www.pcaac.org/pastorsearch/pastors-open-to-a-new-call/
• Please provide a photo
• Email material to [email protected]