Status: Full time / Exempt / Salaried / 40 hours per week
The following statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Purpose of Position
The Congregational Care Pastor visits and ministers to our congregation in hospitals, homes, and at the church.
• Provide pastoral care to the members, regular attenders, and visitors of the congregation.
• Coordinate some of the several ongoing congregational prayer meetings.
• Encourage, empower, and enable members of the congregation to provide care for one another.
• Coordinate some of the support groups, training and raising up lay people to lead them.
• Conduct and coordinate visitation of the sick and elderly in the congregation.
• Preach as requested at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
• Teach within the church adult education programs as opportunity is available.
• Work with the Care Committee, including preparation of the annual budget.
• Oversee, in coordination with Parishes and New Members committee, the welcome, assimilation and integration of members of the congregation within the life of the church.
• Provide pastoral support and liaison to the Board of Deacons as needed.
• Provide pastoral support to Young At Heart.
Interested candidates: Submit cover letter and resume by email to Sallie Holdrich or mail to:
Fourth Presbyterian Church
5500 River Road
Bethesda, MD 2081