The church is looking for a full time Pastor of Faith Formation & Pastoral Care to join our growing community.
Pastor of Pastoral Care (50% of role) and Faith Formation (50% of role) (second pastor)
• Preach about once a month (20%)
• Visiting congregation members
• Facilitating weddings and funerals as asked
• Primary Youth Leader
• Leader and trainer of care and discipleship teams
• Administration of church programs and events (split between both pastors)
Pastoral Care (50%)
Position overview and rationale:
The church is the body of Christ, called into the world to serve and love others. The members of Charlottetown CRC cannot pour their cup over to others if their own cup is empty. The Pastor is to support and care for the congregation, helping them to fill their spiritual cups in seasons of struggle and great need. The Pastor of Pastoral Care is responsible for all aspects of the spiritual care of the congregation. This includes support and equipping of the community pastoral care teams, overseeing of all communication with the congregation, individual pastoral counseling, regular visits of individuals or families who are experiencing crisis, and facilitating baptisms and funerals as asked.
Tasks and responsibilities:
1. Ensure the spiritual well being of himself and his family;
2. Equip and encourage the care and discipleship team to fulfill their mandate;
3. Preach once a month (20%), focussing less on theological training and more about the lived actual needs and concerns of church members;
4. Be present and available in a Pastoral Counseling role;
5. Assist in the development of an annual departmental budget and stay accountable to the developed budget;
6. Facilitate weddings, baptisms, and funerals as asked;
7. Accountable to Full Council. Report to the full council at meetings with a summary of goals and accomplishments.
Faith Formation (50%)
In obedience to Jesus’ command to “make disciples of all nations,” Charlottetown Christian Reformed Church seeks to intentionally develop a culture of discipleship and ongoing faith formation for people of all ages and stages in their faith journey. The church seeks both ministry leaders who are continually growing in their relationships with Jesus and ministry programs that are shaped by the guiding values of communion with God, intergenerational community, and mission in the world to help to create this culture.
The Pastor of Faith Formation will be responsible for taking the lead in cultivating this culture in all of Charlottetown CRC’s ministries, but will also have the role of leading the youth (high school in particular) in faith formation and discipleship by acting as their primary leader (25% of time). As this culture is developed, Charlottetown CRC will advance toward fulfilling its vision of creating disciples who walk with Jesus and each other for the good of the city and the glory of God.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Activities described below are proposed as a starting point, but may change over time to adapt to our situation and understanding of Faith Formation grows.
a. Assist people in taking their next step with Jesus either by serving as a pastoral guide or by connecting them with appropriate resources. Particular attention should be given to investing relational and spiritual capital in the youth of Charlottetown CRC.
b. Engage in volunteer and leadership development.
B. Program Development
a. Provide appropriate resources for faith formation programs such as curriculum and service/outreach initiatives.
b. Develop and lead (in coordination with volunteer leaders) a youth ministry program that reflects the vision and values of Charlottetown CRC.
c. Collaborate with other staff to incorporate faith formation themes across the spectrum of Charlottetown CRC’s ministry.
d. Work alongside leadership on the safe church team, GEMS program, Cadets program, seniors circle, and children’s curriculum development.