The Pastor of Student Ministries is a ministry position. Therefore, the applicant must be in growing relationships with Jesus and others at Rocky Mount.
Require at least four years of experience in full-time ministry and preferably a four-year degree in the ministry field.
The Pastor of Student Ministries has overall responsibility for leading Middle and High School students. The primary role is to introduce young people to a relationship with Christ, disciple them in spiritual growth, and equip them to serve Christ. The Pastor of Student Ministries also supports parents/guardians in the discipleship of their children. The Pastor of Student Ministries is responsible for setting direction, planning, promoting, and leading all programs and activities for Middle and High School students. This Pastor will report to the Senior and Associate Pastors.
The ideal person for this role is a dynamic leader who excels in drawing in and engaging middle and high school students from within and outside of Rocky Mount Church (both Christ-followers and non-believers).
The Pastor of Student Ministries’ goal is to create the environments and opportunities for students to thrive in their relationships with Jesus Christ and others. While numbers are only one measure of health, given our demographics, our student ministry attendance should be at least ten percent of the overall congregation size.
- Must love people, have a heart for evangelism, and have an unquenchable passion to serve and lead ministry to students.
- Excellent relational skills to communicate with students and parents.
- Relate to the unique needs of teenagers in today’s culture.
- A self-motivated leader capable of creating and executing a long-term vision.
- Strong strategic planning and administrative skills.
- MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER.
- Must embrace the church’s vision and lead by example – Kingdom, Community, Church.
- Must have gifts and graces to be flexible in a fast-growing and dynamic church setting, understanding that cross-training may be required. Have a, “How can I help?” attitude.
- Lead and organize effective programs for students that focus on fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism.
- Recruit, train, and shepherd all student ministry volunteers.
- Plan and execute services for students that are biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high-energy.
- Create and manage a student ministry calendar that drives all events, activities, and teaching within the ministry.
- Integrate the mission and vision of Rocky Mount Church into student ministry goals and activities.
- Be an active presence in local middle and high schools with periodic visits engaging students at school and activities.
- Educate, encourage, and facilitate student participation in church-wide community outreach initiatives and encourage missional engagement.
- Cast vision for and plan retreats, camps and missions that advance the student ministry goals.
- Serve as a member of the pastoral staff by performing pastoral care as related to the needs of students.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to students on an individual basis as needed.
- Maintain regular, consistent contact with students and parents to keep them informed of events and activities and maintain a ministry strategy that encourages involvement.
- Collaborate with other pastoral staff to support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles and duties.
- Responsible for administering and sustaining program budgets.
- Attend committee meetings, such as Administrative Council, as necessary or as by request of pastors.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Senior Pastor and/or the Associate Pastors, which he/she determines necessary to advance the Kingdom of God.