The pastoral search committee and the congregation have been seeking the Lord’s provision in bringing us the next shepherd for RPC. Using 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1 as our guide, we seek a Solo Pastor who exhibits the following attributes:
Pastoral and Ministry Leadership
● Knows who he is in Christ and is faithful in studying and preaching the Word of God boldly with urgency and conviction, bringing to bear on the changing needs of individuals, the local community, and the broader world.
● Is competent in communication and organizational leadership.
● Is experienced with casting a vision for the church, mentoring the staff and working with the Session to support programs for all age groups.
● Accepts administrative responsibilities in a climate of delegated tasks, shared leadership with the Session, and is a willing agent of change.
● Expresses eagerness to know, love, and shepherd the flock with Christ-like compassion and empathy.
● Desires to teach the word of God to all, working with the Session to develop educational needs and goals to support the overall mission of the church.
● Has a thorough knowledge of Scripture and experience as an excellent preacher of the Word of God.
● Has obtained a Master of divinity degree, or equivalent, with pastoral ministry experience.
● Holds ordination in the Presbyterian Church in America or is eligible to transfer into the PCA.
● Is a wise and humble leader with a minimum of 4 years of pastoral experiences.
● Exhibits competency in communication and organizational leadership.
● Affirms the inerrancy of the Bible as supreme authority with a commitment to reformed and covenantal theology.
● Endorses the Westminster Confession of Faith.
● Understands church history and is interested in and understands current theological issues.
Personal Traits and Skills (not listed in order of priority):
● Is a believer in Jesus Christ with the desire to see the name of Jesus exalted by the advancement of God’s kingdom through evangelism and missions.
● Is a man of humility, integrity, and self-discipline.
● Is a man with a servant’s heart who is engaging, loving, hospitable, personable, and approachable.
● Is a family man who enjoys the support of his wife as his helpmate at home and in ministry.
To apply, please submit your Ministerial Data file by email.