The Promotions Director is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Communications Minister for oversight of the internal, promotions-related functions of the Communications Ministry as well as a serving a significant role in message management. Primary responsibility lies in management of client “accounts,” providing consultation for their projects and promotional initiatives as requested of the Communication Ministry; also, to facilitate planning and implementation of major messages and message channels of the campuses. In executing these responsibilities, the Promotions Director supervises Account Managers and collaborates with the Communications Creative Team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
Account Management: As an account manager, the Promotions Director serves to help the client think ahead, plan, and get answers to key questions BEFORE the promotional initiative is executed. Duties include:
Initial consult with client designed specifically to do one or more of the following:
* Clearly define actual scope of the promotion by helping client to answer tough questions. (e.g. – “What exactly do you want vs. what do you need”)
* Work out broad cost estimates if necessary.
* Prompt for and collect key details (point person, approver, key deadlines)
* Manage expectations of deliverables based on current climate (resources, existing messages, client responsibilities, etc.)
* When appropriate, offer other team-preferred alternatives that more closely meet Communications standards as determined by team leadership.
* Work with Creative Director to facilitate appropriate creative consults between client and Creative Team.
* Work with Social Media Manager to allow for adequate collaboration on social media strategies that involve internal promotions components.
Ensure effective communication of project management needs, milestones, and deliverables.
Serve as a face for the Communications team when necessary in relation to:
* Encouraging clients toward desired outcomes.
* Handling tense or unpleasant situations as they arise (as directed by or in collaboration with Communications Minister).
* Collaborate closely with the Communications Assistant with respect to project assignments and status entries in the project management system.
* Supervise the Account Manager(s), setting expectations and providing appropriate collaboration to ensure consistency in standards and approaches to account management.
* Drive follow/up or post-project debriefs and evaluations.
* Work with Communications team leadership to evaluate and recommend Communications department projects’ best practices.
* Define and document learned processes for implementation when projects repeat
Message Management: The Promotions Director additionally serves to manage and update the “Major Messages Grid” maintained by the Communications Ministry. This process and the document that represents it serves to identify and schedule messages to be delivered (both global and campus-specific) at each of the campuses. Duties include:
* Working with the Communications Minister, annually identify the recurring major messages that are central or global in nature and place them on the major messages calendar.
* Set appropriate action points for the communicating of these messages, including initiation of collaboration among the Communication staff team for execution of deliverables related to the message.
* Send talking points to campus and ministry leaders as major messages are required in worship services.
* Collaborate with down-line account managers for the coordination of major messages at each of their respective campuses.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
* Regularly participate in weekly staff meetings at the assigned campus(es) to determine communication priorities for the week and assist in their message management.
* Manage client expectations of deliverables based on current climate (resources, existing messages, client responsibilities, etc.), and provide standards for client expectations for the Account Managers.
* Work with Communications Assistant and Creative Director to strategically break projects into manageable pieces, determine assignments to be made to the production team, and follow the project through to completion.
* Collaborate with Creative/Digital Strategy Director and Digital Content Manager to provide social media strategy, management and support.
* Collect and post campus-specific news stories to and update and refresh the assigned campus(es) web sites.
* Support the Communications Minister and/or contracted service providers in public relations efforts to align internal and external messages.
* Complete other duties as assigned by the Communications Minister
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
A thorough knowledge and skill set with promotional strategies and practices in traditional and non-traditional media.
* Must possess a diplomatic approach to client relations while maintaining procedural standards.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Understanding of data management.
* Must possess organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Should have the ability to manage the workflow of supporting team members by having an effective personnel management skill set.
* Must be punctual and confidential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; and five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the fields of communications, marketing, and/or project management.