The Student Ministry Assistant is responsible for engaging with 6th – 12th grade students to support their spiritual development. The Student Assistant will help with planning, preparation, and execution of all ministry related events.
– Supervised by Assistant Pastor of Children’s and Students Ministries
– Ministry Program Support – Student Ministry Council
– Annual Performance Review – Assistant Pastor of Children’s and Student Ministries
GENERAL JOB ROLE:
– Build relationships with 6th – 12th grade students to guide them in their spiritual growth
– Organize and set up students and leaders into small groups.
– Schedule, communicate, and organize events to parents and volunteers
– Create student discipleship opportunities for students
JOB SPECIFIC RESPOSIBILITIES:
– Prep Student Ministry needs for Sundays, Wednesdays, and special events. This includes
communicating to parents, leaders, and students about activities, shopping for supplies, preparing announcement slides, and more.
– Coordinate with the Student Ministry Staff and Small Group Leaders for maximum presence.
– Create content and manage the Student Ministry website and social media platforms.
– Weekly Communications to Student Ministry including students, leaders, and parents.
– Oversee the organization of student ministry rooms and storage areas.
– Trip / Event Prep.
– Coordinate with Student Ministry Team to plan itineraries, lodging, meals, etc.
– Create Online Registration Forms for Trips
– Print or Order copies of Promotion Materials for Trips/Events
– Collect any money from trips/events and turn in to the Operations Pastor.
– Execute administrative details to ensure safe and successful completion of plans.
– A vibrant, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
– Servant attitude towards God, leaders, other team members, the church, members of the church, and guests
– Display leadership qualities such as a strategic planning, efficient execution, building teams,
adaptability, managing performance and effective communication
– Have a deep love of students and a desire to serve them and their families
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
– This position requires a person who loves Jesus which is evident in their walk with the Lord.
– Previous experience as a volunteer or participant in Student Ministry is preferred.
– Experience with various computer programs (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, Photoshop, etc.).
– Experience with social media platforms
– Good verbal and written communications.
– Someone currently seeking a degree in education, social services, communications or ministry.
Level/Salary Range: $18-$20/hr
Position Type: Part Time (20-25 hrs/wk)