Nags Head Church is accepting resumes for the position of full-time Student Pastor.
Our Student Pastor oversees all ministry for middle, high school, and college students. This individual will also oversee our church’s social media.
- Recruit, train and equip the student ministry volunteer team.
- Lead volunteers in student discipleship.
- Oversee student ministry small groups.
- Plan, organize, and lead student worship.
- Working with volunteer team and parents, plan and organize events and activities.
- Work in conjunction with the Missions Pastor to plan and lead student mission events both locally and overseas.
- Build relationships with students and parents.
- Assist students in discovering how God has shaped them to serve and help students plug into serving in the church.
- Look for opportunities to be involved on school campuses, work with local FCA huddles.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in student ministry, or life experience equivalent
- Experience in student ministry, lead role experience preferred
- Demonstrate a calling to student ministry
- Be self-motivated with skills in organization and leadership, not requiring abundant supervision in order to complete tasks or carry out the requirements of the position
- A team player who will work with the staff and elders of the church to accomplish the purpose of the church
- Be skilled in teaching and speaking to students and the church
- Have a clear testimony of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ
- Exhibit spiritual growth
- Exhibit a Christ-like lifestyle
- Must agree with the church’s doctrinal and vision statement
About our Church
Nags Head Church is a Southern Baptist, Purpose Driven and Elder led church.
Nags Head Church is located in a coastal, tourism-based community. These two factors create a unique church culture. We are contemporary in worship style. Multiple services each Sunday. We strongly desire to be connected to and reach out to our community. We are a mission-minded church not only on supporting missionaries around the globe but also sending multiple teams on oversea mission trips each year. Our congregation size doubles in the summer months due to tourism.
This is a full-time position with salary, health insurance, and retirement provided. We give two weeks vacation after 6 months of employment and a sabbatical every five to seven years.
Applicants should email their resume, doctrinal statement, and philosophy of student ministry to the email provided.