The Brentwood Campus Worship Minister is responsible to the church, under the direction of the Senior Executive Pastor for the development and supervision of a comprehensive music and worship program, the planning and conducting of worship services with the Senior Pastor, and special events within and related to the Brentwood Campus that support church goals and strategies. These duties include the direct supervision of the Brentwood Campus worship staff and volunteers.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Under the authority of the Senior Pastor, collaboratively coordinates (with the Worship Planning Team) all weekend worship services on the Brentwood Campus
• Plan and/or ensure capable leadership for weekend worship experiences
• Recruit, direct, and shepherd the Adult Worship Choir and implement the church’s disciple making strategy through the context of the worship ministry
• Provide resource (but not direct supervision) for all Brentwood Campus choir programs including preschool, children, student and senior adult choirs
• Identify, equip, supervise and lead the ministerial and administrative staff that serves the Worship Ministry
• Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly
• Develop and coordinates special worship services for seasonal and non-seasonal events
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Worship Minister, Senior Executive Pastor and/or the Senior Pastor
• Actively pursue spiritual, professional and physical self-development
• Participate in campus wide Worship Leader Gatherings
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES may include but are not limited to the following:
• Effectively communicate and work alongside an administrative assistant(s), who will help carry out the day to day administrative responsibilities
• Lead Worship staff members through prayer, soul care, and spiritual development opportunities
• Lead regular team meetings for and oversee the pastoral care of the Worship staff
• Support the office of the Senior Pastor as needed, including participating in Production and Preaching Teams meetings to support key sermon series during strategic times of the year
• Be available to serve the Brentwood Campus as a decision counselor, pastoral counselor, on-call minister and on-site minister (as assigned), and perform weddings and funerals as available
• Lead Brentwood Campus Worship Production Staff meeting
• Serve as Department Head (for Worship) which involves meetings for operational issues as well as strategic direction both for the Brentwood Campus and the Church
COMPETENCIES AND TRAITS:
In addition to the specific responsibilities required for this role, Brentwood Baptist Church also seeks candidates that possess some general competencies and behavioral traits that enhance the effectiveness of our staff.
• Directs both resources and people (paid or unpaid) towards the accomplishment of goals
• Maximizes personal effectiveness by focusing on “must-dos” tasks and delegating other priorities to others
• Anticipates/avoids problems or formulates creative solutions
• Makes timely decisions that produce quality outcomes
• Develops both vision and strategy that focuses team energy towards results
• Maintains a working environment characterized by high levels of encouragement and trust
• Drives team towards greater innovation and collaboration
• Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for them
• Clearly conveys expectations and priorities to staff and/or volunteers
• Uses written and verbal communication in a way that accomplishes intended results
• Adheres to commitments, schedules and deadlines
• Regularly shares information with and solicits feedback from staff/volunteers
• Demonstrates Christ-likeness and a commitment to personal spiritual growth
• Leads staff and/or volunteers by serving and not by asserting control
• Utilizes emotional intelligence, is emotionally available to those he/she leads
• Invests in the development of staff or volunteers around him/her
• Prioritizes and accomplishes self-development goals
• Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to obtaining the necessary knowledge, attitudes, skills and habits necessary to be successful in this role
• Teachable spirit with a desire to learn and grow
• The gap between the current job description and the employee’s current abilities is appropriate and allows for future growth
• A willingness to be a “team player,” where collaboration can exist between the Worship and Missions Ministry and other ministries within Brentwood Baptist
• A theological understanding and passion for worship and how disciples are made through worship
• The proven ability to think strategically and work effectively with various worship models, styles and paradigms
• Strong managerial and leadership skills combined with an exceptional relational ability
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a team of ministerial and support staff
• The proven ability to manage budgets, logistics, and goal processes and execution
• Proven music and worship gifts, talents and skills
• A servant who loves people and leads with great humility that shares leadership with those around them
• A personal sense of calling from God to vocational Christian ministry in general and to this particular area of ministry.
• Can identify closely with the mission, values, vision, theology, philosophy and methodology of Brentwood Baptist Church.
• A mature Christian who demonstrates the Fruits of the Spirit, is growing in their faith and is committed to spiritual disciplines such as Bible reading, prayer.
• The proven ability to identify, equip and lead a team of volunteers.
• Ability to collaborate, cooperate and function well in a team environment.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university. A Master’s Degree from an accredited seminary preferred
• At least five years’ experience on a large church staff leading in the area of music and worship
All campuses function under the governance of Brentwood Baptist Church. Each campus is an established entity operating as a whole and permanent part of the Brentwood Baptist. Each maintains pre-determined alignment characteristics that uphold the Brentwood Baptist “DNA” while also containing some contextualized characteristics to allow it to best reach its target local community. Every staff member is an employee of Brentwood Baptist.