This is a part-time Youth Director position at Monterey Church. The primary responsibility is to shepherd and disciple students (Junior High, High School and some assistance with 4th-5th graders).
- Develop and maintain engaging gatherings and a small group ministry where students are encouraged, valued and discipled.
- Develop and maintain a junior high and high school ministry that is attractive and welcoming to students outside of the church.
- Plan and execute special events and trips/camps.
- Train and equip volunteers to be effective as mentors and counselors to the students.
- Develop and maintain a strategy for interacting with the families of students as we seek to minister to and partner with the whole family.
- Serve as the primary teacher in the junior high and high school ministry, while also developing and overseeing volunteer teachers.
- Oversee and be responsible for budgets and administration for the student ministries.
- Observable evidence of exemplary Christian character
- A growing relationship to Jesus Christ
- Evidence of calling and passion for the discipleship of students
- Experience in leading and developing people and teams
- Self-motivated, innovative and works well with others on a team
- Evidence of Biblical and theological knowledge
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
$20-$25 per hour depending on experience.
Hours per week:
Approximately 20 hours per week (Sundays are mandatory).
Preferred Start Date:
July of 2020