General Purpose of Position:
To build young disciples for Christ by partnering with all available resources (i.e., Young Life, etc.) to develop and implement a comprehensive approach to youth ministry (in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach) while serving as a spiritual leader and role model for the church’s youth.
Organizational Relationship and Supervision:
The Youth Minister reports to the Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Senior Pastor, in cooperation with the Council Executive Committee, develops annual goals and performs an annual evaluation of the Youth Minister’s performance. The Youth Minister will be responsible for and subject to the AELC Staff Handbook and staff covenant. 
* With assistance from the Pastor and the Youth Support Committee, plan, develop, and implement all aspects of a balanced youth ministry in the areas of group building, worship, discipleship, mission, and outreach.
* With assistance from the Pastor and Youth Support Committee, recruit volunteers who work with youth in all aspects of youth ministry and ensure adequate volunteer support and adult-to-youth ratios.
* Faithfully attend worship and participate in teaching rotation for the high school Sunday school.
* Communicate (with assistance from the Youth Support team) in a timely manner and as effectively as possible using all available resources (email, website, bulletin, newsletter, etc.). Ensure communication with church staff and leadership, parents, and the congregation. Attendance at the weekly staff meeting on Monday morning is crucial for success in this area.
* Be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, attendance at extracurricular activities, etc.) This includes the 4 to 5 youth outings per year (car wash, service projects, pool party, etc).
* Plan, facilitate and attend local Young Life and other youth ministry events in which AELC youth would participate.
* Be available to attend summer Mission Trip.
Qualifications and Aptitudes:
* Must be a faithful Christian
* Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
* Must possess a proven ability to work effectively with youth, diverse individuals, and teams of volunteers.
Given the uniqueness of this position, communication between AELC Pastor and the Youth Minister is vital.