The Assistant/Associate will work in a team with the Rector and other parish staff. Our lay people are highly collaborative and gifted ministers and we are looking for someone who works in partnership with lay leadership. The successful candidate will bring a personal sense of ease to the liturgy, a sense of humor and an obvious sense of reverence. Applicants must be able to lead meaningful worship for all ages in both English and be comfortable leading or learning to lead worship in Spanish.
We seek a priest with:
- A deep love of Jesus, scriptures and ability to proclaim in word and work the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- A warm, welcoming, supportive, innovative, collaborative, flexible, and creative nature
- Ability to build relationships in the parish, encourage, train, administrate and recruit volunteers.
- Strong leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong administrative, organizational and project management skills, i.e., a “self-starter”, able to create and manage a budget
- A passion for Christian formation for children and youth
- Interest and appreciation for youth culture (i.e. books, music, movies, etc…).
- Familiarity with and comfort using social media
We seek a priest who will:
- Share with the Rector in the ministries of ordained leadership, including worship, preaching, teaching, baptismal and marriage preparation and pastoral care.
- Provide Sacramental ministry and pastoral care visits as needed to parishioners, patients in hospitals, nursing homes, and the home-bound.
- Support, create and expand K-12 Christian Formation
- Work with lay leadership to re-establish church school for Sunday mornings
- Provide program, curriculum and clerical support to church school teachers
- Re-establish the youth program: The message of the Gospel is presented in an exciting and relevant manner to the teenagers in our community. Members of our youth group are actively involved in youth activities. Each year the St. Peter’s youth participate in a much-anticipated youth Mission Trip.
- Expand program offerings for parents and young children.
- Develop programs and support for young families.
- Work with the Rector to create options for expanding worship for young families
- Serve as clergy liaison to parish committees as needed
- Other Duties as assigned
Benefits – Housing (4 bed 2 bath apartment on the St. Peter’s campus) and benefits commensurate with Diocese of Newark Benefits Package
To apply please email a resume/CV, 3 references, a cover letter and OTM portfolio to the Rev. Anne Thatcher, Rector