Reports to: Lead Pastor or his designee
Job Summary: This position is a full-time position that will work in a collaborative role with the lead pastor, staff, and Church providing leadership and oversight for the various ministry teams.
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Participate in leading the church services as necessary..
2. Direct and assist in funerals and weddings as requested.
3. Assist in developing, organizing and giving leadership to the ministries within the church as requested.
4. Oversee the approval for outside groups regarding church facilities
5. Oversee ministries as assigned.
6. Participate with the deacons or other lay people in visitation or benevolent needs.
7. Maintain a regular schedule of office hours during the week, to be available to Church and community members. With the nature of the position, these hours may be altered in order to take care of immediate or emergency needs in the Church body and community.
8. Oversee and collaborate in outreach events. Examples might include, but not limited to:
a. Back to school Teacher lunches
b. Back to school school supply drive
c. Bulverde Jubilee and other community wide celebrations
d. Lunch to community leaders/ volunteers
9. Oversee and Lead our largest community outreach Upwards Basketball
a. Recruit and train Referees
b. Organize teams from sign up to final ceremony
c. Schedule games
d. Recruit and train volunteers
e. Oversee and lead in the day to day operations of Upwards Basketball
10. Oversee Adult Small Groups
a. Approve curriculum
b. Train and recruit, and encourage leaders
c. Host regular planning meetings
d. Assist small groups in contacting new visitors and absentees
11. Any other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
1. Minimum of Graduate Level Master’s degree from an accredited seminary, preferably a Southern Baptist seminary.
2. Ordained Minister.
3. Subscribes and supports the doctrinal Statement of “The Baptist Faith and Message 2000”.
4. In full agreement with the doctrinal statement of Bulverde Baptist Church.
5. 5 years experience in Biblical teaching, leading and preaching.