First Baptist Church of Casey, Illinois is looking for an Associate Pastor for Student Ministry who loves God and His word. Our church is a friendly, loving, community minded church averaging 170 Sunday worshippers many of whom are young families. Our average Sunday School attendance is 122 with an average of 37 pre-kindergarten through high school students. We are located 40 minutes or less from Eastern Illinois University, Indiana State University, Lake Land College and Lincoln Trail College.
The successful candidate shall have a vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and believe the Bible is from God and is inerrant. The applicant must possess a spiritual calling to Christian Ministry, the ability to lead, shepherd, and a passion to communicate the gospel in everyday conversations with youth. He must be a motivated and organized person with a dynamic personality that motivates and inspires others. The man shall meet the Biblical qualifications of 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and shall affirm the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
Hours will vary with logic and good decision-making skills. The position is salaried, but this person will be expected to be present when youth are present. Also, attendance at community youth events will be appreciated and expected. Hours can be reevaluated at each annual evaluation.
An example week might include office hours in the morning/afternoon then a return to the church or public in the evening for church or community activities.
• Disciple, mentor, and counsel church members in spiritual matters with special emphasis on youth
• Cultivate a relationship with parents and families of each youth
• Support the parents in their relationship with their young person
• Equip the church for outreach to the students in our community
• Take interest in and attend community activities involving the youth of the
• Coordinate and implement youth programs in conjunction with student ministry
• Help budget, plan, schedule, and coordinate events for the youth
• Supply pulpit as needed and at least once quarterly
• Encourage youth to participate in church functions
• Ensure supervision and safety of all students during church sponsored activities.
• Other duties as required
• This position involves ministry to children and adults of all ages with a primary emphasis on 7-12 grades.
Education: Seminary degree preferred but not required.
Status: Full time, flexible hours based on the needs of the ministry.
Salary based on ministry experience and education levels.
If you believe that God is calling you to apply for our Associate Pastor of Student Ministry, please email your resume, 3 references, a written testimony, and a cover letter with a picture of you and your family (if you are married) or mail to Casey FBC PO Box 187 Casey, IL 62420.