The Associate Pastor/Minister of Music at First Baptist Church of Woodstock, Alabama assists the Senior Pastor in the overall care of the church, gives attention to the administrative details related to church programming and aids in all pastoral responsibilities as deemed necessary and/or appropriate by the Senior Pastor. He is also responsible for leading the overall music ministry of the church.
- Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive music program that includes praise teams, soloists, and choirs for worship.
- Lead our congregation in a blended style of traditional hymns and modern worship music.
- Work with the ministerial staff on special music needs in the music ministry.
- Oversee the work of the music ministry and audio/visual volunteers.
- Work with the nominating committee to enlist and train leaders for the music ministry.
- Work with the Senior Pastor in selecting music for regular and special worship services –including weddings, funerals, and special projects.
- Coordinate the music program with the organizational calendar and emphases of the church.
- Participate in regular hospital and prospect visitation.
- Monitor the purchasing, maintenance, and replacement of all audio/visual related equipment, supplies and instruments.
- Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotion, and administration.
- Prepare an annual music budget for approval and administer the budget.
- Direct congregational singing at all regularly scheduled worship services.
- Plan and arrange an “Order of Service” for weekly worship services.
- Cooperate with associational and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.