This position serves to lead the Children and Preschool ministries as a part of the overall ministry team. This primarily involves leading those volunteers and leaders who invest in these ministries and others who participate through these ministries. There are both tangible tasks and relational investment required to be effective in this role.
JOB FUNCTIONS AND TASKS:
- Serve as an engaged member of the Ministry Staff for the overall ministry of the church.
- Make and grow disciples personally and through the Children and Preschool ministries of the church.
- Lead/Oversee an effective Children / Preschool LIFE Group program on Sunday mornings.
- Lead/Oversee an engaging worship experience for Children / Preschool on Sunday mornings.
- Lead/Oversee other effective outreach / discipleship opportunities as available and/or needed.
- Lead/Oversee Vacation Bible School in the summer; Plan for camps as available for effective ministry.
- Supervise/develop staff and leaders/church members for effective and efficient ministry achievement.
- Work to create and foster a disciple-making environment through the ministries.
- Communicate with leaders and participants effectively for the accomplishment of the ministry.
- Oversee the effective utilization of ministry resources, including technology, related to the ministry.
- Engage with volunteers, vendors, service providers and the community for effective ministry.
- Develop and maintain the related budget and financial processes, following established guidelines.
- Develop, train and release future leadership within the Children and Preschool ministries.
- Recruit and manage any paid childcare staff for ministries or events.
- Because of our primary mission, this position requires that the staff member be an active and growing follower of Christ who is capable and willing to share their faith, as well as investing spiritually in others.
- Model consistent Christ-like character as a growing follower of Christ.
- Model consistent biblical stewardship with personal/church resources, including tithing through FBCL.
- Exhibit a consistent commitment to the ministry and mission of First Baptist Church and its leaders.
- Proven experience / ability for leading church Children/Preschool ministries. (College degree preferred.)
- Proven ability to accurately teach biblical truth to children/preschoolers and share the Gospel.
- Experience in recruitment and training of leaders in Preschool or Children’s ministries.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, with ability to write and engage people.
- Excellent skills / experience in organization and strategic processes for ministry.
- Proficient at computer/software for office; adequate skills to utilize audio, video, computer resources.
- Proven team building and problem solving skills.