We are seeking an experienced individual who will be responsible for the Children’s Ministry at Pathway Bible Church. We expect the successful candidate to be able to build and mentor a team of volunteers to fulfill the mission of the ministry. A candidate must exhibit a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. They must evidence a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ through spiritual disciplines (i.e. prayer, Bible study, etc). Above all else, this person will be a Spirit-led follower of Jesus Christ with a passion for children and a clear calling to our church.
Basic Job Description:
Provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the Children’s Ministry at Pathway Bible Church so that children can know and follow Jesus Christ.
- Create and execute a long-term church aligned vision for Pathway Bible Church’s Children’s Ministry.
Lead and organize effective children’s programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteers with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Promote an environment where children feel connected to each other as a church family; where each child is valued and celebrated.
- Invest and engage relationally with children.
- Seek to integrate children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Support Pathway Bible Church parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
- Provide biblical counseling and spiritual direction to volunteers, team leaders and families as needed.
- Create fun and meaningful opportunities for all children to connect and grow together.
- Ensure safe and healthy classroom/small group environments
- Maintain contact with children and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Provide clear weekly communication to children and parents of events/activities.
- Explore and implement outreach events to connect children and families in the local community to our church community. Foster cross collaboration between ministries and area churches.
- Promote the unity, direction and vision of Pathway Bible Church by participating in staff and leadership meetings.
- Develop a full year calendar that will accomplish our mission and vision as a ministry as well as complement our mission and vision as a church.
- Carefully plan and manage the Children’s Ministry budgets.
- Stay current with children’s ministry practices by reading, attending children’s ministry conferences, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Gifted and called to children’s ministry, loves helping families thrive, and has a passion for discipleship and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- 3-5 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing children’s ministry,
- Is an engaging teacher, with a strong biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with Pathway Bible Church’s Statement of Faith.
- Organized, prepared, punctual, proactive, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field (masters preferred), experience in children’s ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Willing to become an engaged member of the Pathway Bible Church community.
- Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the ministry directors, administrative team and volunteers.
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision; flexible to changes in procedures and/or direction.
- Possesses qualities catalytic to children’s ministry; for example, has a sense of humor, energetic, and authentic.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Possesses strong computer skills & familiarity with social media tools and their use for ministering to children and their families.
- Lead staff efforts to maintain the children’s ministry social media presence (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Has basic experience working with AV, multimedia, tech and presentation software.