Purpose: To tell the stories of Central UMC through different forms of technology thatadvance the gospel, fulfill the mission of the church & make disciples of Jesus Christ.
– Christ-Follower who desires to keep growing in their walk with Jesus
– Person of character and integrity
– Gifted or experienced in communication and social media
– Skilled in interpersonal, written and oral communication
– Creative and innovative
– Excellent organizational skills, detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
– Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
– Self motivated and independent self-starter
1. Find and Tell the “stories” of Central in three major ways:
a) Social Media
– Design and implement a social media strategy to align with the ministry vision of Central.
– Keep the unchurched and de-churched in mind when designing content
– Generate, edit, publish, and share frequent regular content (text, photos, videos, news, stories)
– Collaborate with pastoral and program staff with social stories.
– Help other teams with their social media usage to ensure effectiveness and brand consistency.
– Oversee social media accounts’ design (Ie. FB timeline cover, profile, layout) and maintenance
– Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media.
b) Video Storytelling
– Tell stories through videos that can be used for promotion of events and the larger mission of the church.
– Proactively meet with ministry teams to schedule videos
– Work with staff and worship team to create videos for worship
c) General Visual Storytelling
– Actively ensure brand consistency across the church.
– Take/edit photos and lead a photo team to assist with picture needs
– Coordinate with state with on-campus signage displays, banners, etc.
2. Digital and Print Media
– Relevant and engaging web design as well as web maintenance
– Design & produce print media (newsletter, Sunday bulletin, etc.)
– Manage church communication through weekly Thursday email & blog
– Design all graphics and media including logos, brochures, booklets, sermon graphics, website, and other items as needed
– Ensure website and other electronic media is secure and updated
– Work within the communications budget
– Manage uploading of weekly sermon podcast
– Partners with freelance contractors/volunteers on outsourced projects Communications and Digital Ministry Director
– Develop a team to assist with communication projects
3. Office Leadership
– Greet visitors and provide necessary information regarding the church
– Build relationships with congregation members and staff in solving problems and fulfilling needs
– Oversees part time administrative assistant and management of duties/ volunteers
– Participates in weekly staff meeting
– Other duties as assigned
4. Digital Ministry
This new ministry area is a work in progress. At its best, it is finding ways to engage with people online and helping them become disciples of Jesus Christ. This includes but is not limited to:
– Build relationships with new people through social media
– Monitor social media channels, reviews, comments
– Communicate with followers and answer inquiries in a timely manner
– Invite commenters to engage with other social media platforms
– Provide technical assistance to online studies and meetings as needed
– Expose yourself to podcasts as we dream in this new area of ministry
1. Degree in communications, media or marketing preferred
2. Creative skills in graphic design, videography, photography, writing, web design
3. Technology savvy and quick study
4. Proficient with Apple Mac and Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
5. Experience using video software: iMovie, Final Cut, After Effects
6. Proficient with Microsoft tools: Word, Excel, Powerpoint
7. Proficient with Google tools: Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Analytics, Drive, AdWords (Keyword Planner), Wix web development software
8. Proficient with various internet-based/social media tools: Mailchimp, Facebook (including ads manager), HootSuite, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo
9. Ability to problem-solve & create professional-level media on a reduced budget
10. Ability to muilti-task, organize and complete projects with excellence from various sources with multiple deadlines.
11. Independent self-starter who constantly envisions new opportunities for personal and organizational growth.
Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday – Thursday; 8:30am – 1pm Friday
Staff Values: Jesus First, Trustworthy, Relational, Fun, Integrity, Make It Better, Growth, Flexibility
Supervisor: Lead Pastor
Benefits: Competitive salary, Health insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Continuing Ed