We are seeking a Director of Worship who will encourage and provoke a lifestyle of worship at Hillcrest Covenant Church through planning, collaborating, and creating gatherings that help all people encounter God in transformative ways. This Director will invest in our existing volunteer team, partner with our worship planning team, and lead by example.
POSITION OVERVIEW: To encourage and provoke a lifestyle of worship at Hillcrest Covenant Church through planning, collaborating, and creating gatherings that help all people encounter God in transformative ways. This is a part–time role (20 hours per week).
DESIRED QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Follower of Jesus / approachable / team player / genuine / humble / joyful and energetic / sincere growing in faith / appreciates a variety of worship styles / good at communicating
invested in people / desire to shepherd volunteer worship, tech, and visual teams excellent musician / experience planning worship services / ability to handle interpersonal connections understand and support the theological distinctives, statement of faith of Hillcrest Covenant Church.
AREAS OF LEADERSHIP:
I. Create an atmosphere conducive to encountering God at Sunday morning worship services
1. Congregants express the fact that they are experiencing the presence of God in the services
2. There is a sense of freedom and openness in worship
3. Lead at special gatherings including Good Friday, Christmas Eve, Prayer Nights, etc.
II. Recruiting, nurturing and management of worship teams.
1. Team members feel fulfilled in their service
2. The quality of the musical expression of worship is high
3. Team members are envisioned about what they are doing and feel cared for spiritually and personally
4. Use of Planning Center Online to manage multiple worship teams, rehearsals, and the Sunday morning wordship experience.
III. Collaborate with other church leaders in the worship planning process
1. There is a seamless Sunday morning worship experience.
2. The worship (music) portion of the services are well integrated with (and supportive of) the theme of the season and/or topic of the sermon.
The Worship Pastor reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Please email a resumes with links to worship leading videos.