Crosswater seeks a Pastor of Worship and Youth who will (1) help cultivate worship services that lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Christ (2) help teach and model the gospel of grace to students in alignment with our mission, vision, and values. Regarding worship, this pastor will select music and build music teams that are conducive to the style of worship that we are pursuing at
Crosswater– a blend of praise songs and hymns that are theologically rich, biblically accurate, and comfortably singable by the average congregant. Regarding youth ministry, this pastor will help us build a community of students who root their identity in Christ, and welcome and love visitors and those who have not grown up in the church.
• Full–time employment
• Salaried Position
• Since this position requires significant Sunday work hours as well as regular evening commitments, this Pastor will ordinarily only work 4 weekdays.
• Follower of Jesus, willing and able to undertake the membership vows at Crosswater if not pursuing ordination currently.
• Committed to the Reformed faith and the PCA standards.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Seminary degree (M. Div) preferred.
• Gifted at lead–singing, with a warm, friendly stage presence. Proficiency in piano preferred; however, proficiency in guitar with basic understanding of piano and how to incorporate keyboard will be strongly considered.
• Experience in serving in youth ministry.
• Ability to organize multiple areas of ministry, and their various requirements
• Ability to work effectively with pastors, staff, and elders.
• Ability to recruit and support volunteer leaders.
• Supervise and develop musicians.
• Coordinate practices outside Sunday mornings as needed. Plan music team meetings quarterly.
• Train worship team to lead with energy, focus, whole–hearted devotion.
• Recruit and develop potential musicians within the church
• Develop the rotation of vocalists and instrumentalists. Develop special music for Christmas and Easter seasons, and other special services as requested.
• Lead worship team in prayer and spiritual encouragement.
• Coordinate Worship planner. Provide music scores for musicians before weekly practices.
• Oversee instrumental setup and tear down at practices and on Sunday when present.
• Oversee sound booth operations.
• Oversee the creation of worship slides. Recruit and organize slide volunteer rotation.
• Lead the weekly youth group meeting and periodic social gatherings
• Create a culture of discipleship, that includes evangelism, with volunteers and students.
• Recruit and organize college age/adult volunteers.
• Arrange a yearly retreat.
• Plan and arrange short–term missions projects in conjunction with the Missions Ministry Team.
• Plan outreach activities, including summer camps.
• Supervise interns when applicable
• Develop and implement a Sunday School program for 6th to 12th grade in coordination with the Pastor, the Children’s Team leader.
• Assist with pastoral responsibilities, including preaching on occasion, pastoral care, and administrative tasks as needed.
• Meets regularly with Pastor.
Pastor Dan Kerley