About the Worship Pastor:
The Worship Pastor (WP) is responsible for working with CBC staff to design and facilitate worship services and events that are a part of CBC’s overall mission to reach the world for Jesus Christ. The WP must embrace CBC’s leadership development culture, mission, and vision at all times. At CBC, we don’t just hire people who do ministry, we hire people who develop ministers. At CBC, our biggest win is when we see the people we have trained become excellent at what God has gifted them to do AND then watching them train someone else to do the same!!! The WP will work to recruit and develop worship leaders and creative teams to ensure our people are directing their worship, not toward the stage, but toward the heavens.
What you will receive:
Nashville is called “Music City” for a reason. Middle Tennessee is blessed with thousands of excellent musicians, many of which attend our church. You will inherit a group of talented volunteers who can help you arrange high-quality, Christ-honoring worship services.
You will receive leadership development skills from our pastor. You will be a member of the senior staff and be discipled by and report directly to him.
Most of all, you will receive an incredible church family who will love on your family like no other. Our hashtag is #CalvaryChurchFamily for a reason. We really do care!
The Worship Pastor Will:
· Support the culture, mission, vision of CBC.
· Attend weekly staff and team meetings.
· Participate in training and scheduling the 40+ Worship/AV Team members to ensure all necessary positions are filled for weekend services and other events.
· Oversee part-time staff who develop AV/Tech ministries.
· Ensure quality leadership and on-stage presence during worship services as well as major events as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
· Develop worship leaders and band members for our youth and college ministries (We would not expect the WP to attend all of these meetings. The goal is to develop teams who will lead worship for these ministries and to establish a farm system for our weekend worship services.)
· Lead efficient rehearsals with short turnaround times in a fast-paced environment.
· Provide pastoral leadership and care for CBC Worship Team Members.
· Coach and shepherd Team Directors/Coaches/Leaders in a way that organizes the ministry teams in a way that develops leaders with the CBC leadership philosophy.
· Support Director of Development in onboarding and continual training of Worship Team members.
· Collaborate with Worship Leadership to identify and develop promising worship leaders and team leads.
· Contribute creative ideas and tactical support to deliver excellence in all services and events.
· Prepare and monitor annual worship/music ministry budget, reporting needs and trends to Senior Pastor.
· Meet regularly with team members to develop, train, and cast vision.
· Be sure to make sure his family is an integral part of our overall #CalvaryChurchFamily.
What we are looking for in a WP:
Education & Experience
· Minimum of 2-4 years in a music-related field including worship leadership. Seminary training a plus but not required.
· Experience in industry software applications preferred (e.g. Planning Center Online, ProPresenter).
Skills & Requirements
· Strong people skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Our senior pastor is not a micro-manager. He will spend a lot of time with you for discipleship and leadership development but outside of that the WP must have a strong bent toward taking initiative. The WP must be a self-starter and have solid time management skills with minimal oversight.
· Availability to work evening and weekend hours to develop leaders and support church events and services. Office hours and vacation time are extremely flexible. Right now the only required meetings/office hours are Monday morning staff from 9:30am-Noon.
· Above average vocal talent
· Above average musical talent (guitar preferred).
· Solid understanding of musical theory and arrangement.
· Must be creatively innovative. Always pushing the organization forward while maintaining the vision and culture CBC.
· Able to lead in a fast-paced environment.
· Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
· Intrinsic desire to collaborate with others.
· Excellent leadership skills.
· Embrace and pursue artistic and spiritual excellence in services and events.
· Meets the requirements for a pastor as listed in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
· Has a dedicated walk with God that prioritizes both church and family. We want to reiterate that our work hours are irregular and that we must be available to work with our volunteers when they are available to be trained and developed. Therefore, daytime work hours are extremely flexible because we want all of our staff to have appropriate time to develop their most important ministry – their home life.
· Humble enough that the WP doesn’t have to be “the man.” Excited about seeing others lead and be developed in their giftedness.
· Has a desire to see people taking their next step toward Christ.
· Has a very strong work ethic.
· Possesses an authentic, genuine spirit in their faith, work, and relationships.
· Is a team player who enjoys having fun with a staff team. Our staff are not employees. We are family members.