Strong church in fast-growing Granbury, TX, located 30 miles southwest of Fort Wort, in need of a highly motivated Youth Pastor to partner with our vision to reach youth for Christ. Our church is primed for growth for years to come and seeking an energetic, authentic Christian eager for the opportunity to cultivate a spiritually sound and dynamic student ministry. This position will work collaboratively with the other ministries of the church in developing and implementing a comprehensive spiritual growth pathway for students and their respective families.
Salary package will be dependent on experience, education, competencies, and family need.
MINISTER OF YOUTH
Function: The Minister of Youth is directly responsible to the Senior Pastor for developing and administering a discipleship plan for youth (grades 6-12.)
Job Classification: Full-time, salaried position
- Provide direction and leadership for the youth discipleship program of the church by coordinating and promoting Bible study, discipleship training, missions education, Wednesday programming and other weekday activities.
- Organize and coordinate a balanced approach to youth ministry that includes Bible study, discipleship training, outreach, recreation, fellowship, mission action, and music.
- Enlist and train leadership in the youth department of all church organizations in coordination with the Discipleship Pastor and the church nominating committee
- Plan and direct all activities such as youth camp, mission trips, retreats, weekday Bible study, youth emphasis Sunday, seminars, banquets, and other special events.
- Work with the Youth Ministry Council to plan, implement, and evaluate a balanced youth ministry program.
- Advise in the use of program materials, equipment, supplies, and space by grades 6-12 in all church program organizations.
- Provide Christian guidance to meet the special needs of students and their parents.
- Develop a program to meet unique needs of the parents of students and involve them in the youth ministry.
- Work with Youth leaders and teachers and appropriate staff members to resolve philosophical, procedural, and scheduling problems in grades 6-12 department.
- Must be able to communicate effectively: This position works closely with other ministerial staff, youth, their parents, teachers, workers, and church members at large.
- Develop a systematic program of outreach to reach students for Christ.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest educational methods and share them with the workers.
- Prepare and administer the youth budget.
- Comply with all established church policies and procedures as well as all applicable federal and state laws.
- Hold regular office hours as agreed upon by the staff as well as to work with the pastor in making emergency pastoral care visits as needed.
- Visit prospects and members related to ministry to youth and as assigned by the pastor.
- Serve as Staff Advisor for church teams as assigned by the pastor/minister of education.
- Cooperate with association and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest.
- Perform other duties as assigned by pastor/minister of education.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Requires seminary degree and/or extensive education and experience in the ministry to youth.
- Requires commitment to biblical Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally.
- Requires sufficient good health to discharge duties properly.
- Must be present on Sunday mornings and evenings, and Wednesday evenings (except during vacation).
- Complete confidentially is required on all church and personnel information.
- Must be a member of Acton Baptist Church.
- Requires passing criminal, financial, and sexual misconduct background checks.