The primary purpose of this position is to develop, direct, and oversee the music ministries of Candies Creek Baptist Church. As we seek to make disciples and proclaim Christ to all people, this pastoral position requires the individual to serve not only as a music leader, but also as a shepherd to God’s people who serve in this area of ministry, as well as to the entire congregation.
- Plan, schedule, lead and coordinate (in conjunction with the Senior Pastor) Christ-exalting music for all worship services by choosing songs that will engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word.
- Encourage all generations in the church by recruiting, teaching and training musicians/singers to serve the Lord in the areas where they are gifted.
- Coordinate and direct weekly rehearsals with the choir, praise band, praise teams, sound/technology volunteers.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community within all areas of responsibility.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church ministry and programs aligned with the vision and mission statement of the church for the betterment of the congregation as well as the community.
- Organize, administer and manage all areas of the worship ministry.
- Provide inspiration, leadership and encouragement for participation in God-honoring music ministries of the church: choir, accompanists, special music, praise band, children’s choir, etc.
- Actively participate in church outreach, prayer meetings and visitation ministries.
- Be responsible for the care, upkeep, organization and inventory of all church musical equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Be a believer in Jesus Christ with a genuine, vibrant and growing relationship with Him.
- Have a desire to disciple and live the Gospel for the glory of God.
- Be committed to moral purity and maintain moral and ethical standards and practices as evidenced in Scripture.
- Have theological views compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message, with a desire for continued growth and maturity as a godly person through prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Actively participate in a community group on Sunday morning or on another night of the week.
- Have the ability to read and direct both choral and instrumental music.
- Honor others by communicating effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
- Be able to work as a team player with the pastor and associate staff members.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated because of your relationship with Christ.
- Be interested and willing to engage people of all ages.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree and/or seminary degree with musical emphasis (preferred but not required)
Candies Creek Baptist Church of Charleston, Tennessee is located in the rural area of eastern Tennessee off I-75 between Chattanooga and Knoxville. Candies Creek has been an active, mission-minded body of believers for just under 200 years. Averaging a church worship attendance of 375 and a Small Group attendance of approximately 300 on any given Sunday (Pre-Covid), it continues to make an impact for the Kingdom, the community and region it serves. Sunday mornings consist of two worship services that incorporate a blend of traditional and contemporary styles of worship. Candies Creek has been and continues to be a river of hope to a dry and thirsty land.