Covenant Presbyterian Church, affiliated with the Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians (ECO), is seeking candidates for the position of Pastor. Covenant’s current pastor is retiring and we are searching for a Christ-centered leader—one who will minister to our congregation while leading in growing the Lord’s church for generations to come. We are located in Springfield, Missouri, a city of 168,000 plus and a metropolitan population of 462,000 and growing.
The position is considered immediately open with the opportunity to provide transition assistance from our current pastor. The Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC), working in conjunction with Session, invites qualified and called men and women to join us in ministry and service.
Our vision is to continue to plant, nurture and grow a seed that will become the next generation of a loving and committed church family. That church family would provide meaningful ministry and service to our community for Christ, and reach multiple generations in an ever-shifting culture.
Learn more about us from our website (covenantspringfield.org) and on Facebook.
Position Prospects & Incentives
• Fulltime with flexibility in weekday work hours
• Salary commensurate with experience and Bible scholarship
• Both a seasoned and a developing leader could develop and thrive in this role
• Professional training or coaching as well as ongoing organizational participation available
• Benefits to include healthcare insurance, vacation, paid personal leave, professional expenses
• Retirement plan(s)
Responsibilities & Role Expectations
• Commitment to establishing & growing a church plant in conjunction with serving as pastor —
-• Most emphasis on planting and growing a new church seed within the current church and
-• Remaining time spent on preaching, teaching and meeting congregation’s pastoral care needs
• Knowledge of church planting or growing a new church within an existing church (experience is a plus)
• Bible study leader & teacher (along with development of teaching teams)
• Leadership in relational evangelism and outreach to community
• Endorse ECO’s Essential Tenets and ECO polity
• Leader & advisor to Session, Staff & Volunteer Leadership
• Collaborative shaping of Sunday services
• Degree(s) in relevant field(s),
• General administration duties
Interested Candidate Response
If you are interested in being considered as a candidate for the position of pastor at Covenant Presbyterian Church, please consider the following steps for getting started:
• Conduct your personal research on our church and the surrounding community (online resources are available for both, including the church’s website at http://covenantspringfield.org and our Facebook page.)
• Submit your resume, vita or professional information form (PIF) to: Lynn Hudgens: email@example.com
Covenant Presbyterian Church
Attention: Lynn Hudgens, PNC (Pastor Nominating Committee member)
2441 S Lone Pine Avenue Springfield, MO 65804
• If you have preliminary questions prior to submitting your resume, vita or PIF, you may contact Lynn Hudgens via the church office at (417) 881-4449 to schedule a phone call. Church office hours vary, but most days, staff is in the office Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Central Time).
• A more formal preliminary interview by conference call may be requested by the Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) to gather information and to clarify content of a candidate’s resume, vita, PIF or application.