Vineyard Columbus is looking for a Pastor of Small Groups who is focused on the vision & execution of the small group strategy decided in conjunction with Staff Leadership Teams. The ideal candidate is passionate about helping people grow in their relationship with Christ through community, and skilled in operating systems and processes that make that help us walk out these priorities. They will provide oversight for care, development and resourcing of the small group leaders. They will also oversee the communication strategy for inviting church members into one of our 500+ small groups. This role is responsible for the overall health, growth, and culture of the church’s small groups and will participate in the larger Community Ministry team by collaborating with men’s, women’s, and singles ministries
This position will also contribute to church-wide pastoral duties including weekend duties, weddings, funerals, etc. This position will be a commissioned minister and pastor for Vineyard Columbus. The person will minister and serve the congregation by supporting and enhancing the mission of Vineyard Columbus as well as serve cross-functionally with other ministry areas at Vineyard Columbus as required.
Are you self-motivated, collaborative, forward thinking and ready to serve a team through your pastoral gifting and influential leadership? If so, please keep reading!
In this role, you will be responsible for:
· Casting vision – Design, develop and implement plans and programs that align small groups with the church’s mission, vision, values, goals, strategic plans and overall direction. Assure that accountability measures are in place to keep focus, utilize benchmarks to identify and implement opportunities, improve impact and grow ministry team.
· Leader development and equipping –Oversee leadership trainings and other development opportunities for Small Group leaders and review training content regularly to ensure alignment with church mission.
· Leader care and support – Oversee, maintain and regularly evaluate the care system for leaders through the current coaching model, which includes 40+ coaches. Meet regularly with leaders and address small group crises that require pastoral attention.
· Connections and resources – Engage the congregation in small group life and resource all Vineyard Columbus campuses to have an excellent small groups ministry.
· Multiplication – Increase number of small groups and leaders through the Campaign strategy. Develop teams to recruit and equip the congregation to start or join groups.
· Communication strategy – Cascade relevant church information to small group leaders and communicate to develop, equip and care for small group leaders.
· Supervision – Provide excellent supervision, goal-setting accountability, support and team-building to Small Group staff.
· Weekend Pastoral Support – Various pastoral duties as assigned at any of our campuses.
The ideal candidate will have:
3+ years’ experience in leadership positions at a church or para-church ministry.
Degree in a relevant field.
Demonstrated strategic abilities including managing systems, planning, and budgets.
Experience supervising a team.
3+ year experience in pastoring, recruiting, leading, training and supervising volunteers.
Demonstrated Kingdom theology and practice.
Deep knowledge and embodiment in practice of the Scriptures and demonstrated ability to communicate biblical truths in various contexts.
Intermediate knowledge of office technology tools.
You will do well in this role if you have these competencies:
Integrity and trust
Works effectively with volunteers
Commitment to multicultural ministry
Managing through systems
Caring about direct reports
Building effective teams
Physical requirements of the position:
Reaching, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, hearing, seeing, repetitive motions, light work. Conditions: Adequate seating and lighting.
A satisfactory background check is required for all positions.