Principal Function: Serve as the primary spiritual leader of Calvary Baptist Church.
- In the area of Church Leadership, the Pastor
- Develop, strengthen, and communicate the overall mission of Calvary in collaboration with staff and ministry teams
- Lead and work alongside the Associate Pastor and other ministerial staff to carry out that mission, providing an ongoing vision for vibrant, engaging, and transformative ministry at Calvary
- Ensure that the resources of the church (staff, building, finances, etc.) are used in a way that are consistent with Calvary’s mission.
- Inspire, motivate, and support the work of our various lay leadership teams to carry out the mission of Calvary, including (but not limited to) the Coordinating Council (and its various leaders and teams), Deacon body, personnel team, finance team, leadership nominating team, and ordination council.
- Ensure that Calvary’s identity and mission is clearly communicated in church publicity and explore new opportunities for Calvary to be known in the broader Waco community
- In the area of Preaching/Worship, the Pastor will:
- Work alongside Minister of Music and Worship and ministerial staff to plan, prepare, and lead worship experiences that invite Calvary to engage with and to respond wholeheartedly to God
- Prayerfully study, discern, and create worship themes that will connect with, inspire, and challenge the congregation and connect with different areas of congregational life
- Give intentional study time to prepare weekly sermons that connect with the lives of the congregation
- In the area of Pastoral Care, the Pastor will
- Build meaningful relationships across the congregation
- Offer pastoral care to those in the congregation needing care, prayer, and support
- Maintain regular outreach to newcomers to Calvary and help them connect and engage with the life of the congregation
- Work alongside deacon body to offer care for the entire Calvary community and to foster new relationships across the congregation
- Officiate funerals and weddings in the life of the congregation
- Continually pursue opportunities for pastoral growth.
- The Pastor will supervise the ministerial staff of the church.
- The Pastor will be supervised by the personnel committee.