Due to our current pastor being called to another position, we are prayerfully seeking applications for a full-time God-called Senior Pastor with the qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9 who can lead our church into the future with conviction, vision, and humility. An ideal candidate has experience leading other churches of our size, and doctrinal position (see the Baptist Faith & Message 2000 at www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp). This candidate will also be an engaging, biblically faithful preacher and teacher and who has the heart, love, desire and mindset of Romans 10:14-15.
– Serve as the spiritual leader of the church.
– Plan the worship services of the church, or work with those you assign to plan services.
– Provide overall vision for the direction of the ministry.
– Operate as the church’s primary Bible teacher and preacher, responsible for the regular Bible teaching ministry of the church.
– Serve as the overseer for any church staff.
– Conduct weddings, funerals, and baptisms according to the doctrinal commitments of our church as needed.
– Spend an appropriate amount of time in study and prayer in preparation for teaching and preaching ministry.
– Serve as a leader by example in personal discipleship, stewardship, and evangelism.
– Meet with the church’s leadership team, and deacon board on a regular basis to report on the spiritual, organizational, and financial health of the congregation.
– When needed, counsel members and families on how to live biblically faithful lives.
– Meet regularly with staff and other church leaders to disciple and train them in ministry.
– Officiate the Lord’s Supper/Communion on a regular basis.
– Serve as an ex-officio member of all church committees and teams.
– Engage in ministry to homebound and nursing home church members.
– At least 10 years of pastoral ministry experience (at least 5 years as a senior/lead pastor).
– Significant experience in and demonstrated proclivity toward servant leadership.
– Understanding of and willingness to minister within the church’s statement of beliefs.
– A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).
– A calling to pastoral ministry.