The pastor shall provide spiritual and pastoral leadership to the membership of Poplar Spring Baptist Church. The pastor is to be committed to carrying out the mission of the church, worshiping Jesus, sharing life together, and living on mission. The pastor should have a clear call of God with gifting and character consistent with the New Testament requirements of the position.
- Demonstrates a born again relationship with Jesus Christ, is theologically sound in belief, and is committed to personal spiritual growth.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a Christ centered worship.
- Ability to teach, train, and lead others; while being flexible, teachable, and maintaining a cooperative spirit.
- Personal integrity and self-motivation in the fulfillment of ministry.
- Adheres to the theological and doctrinal principles’ found in the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Obtained or pursuing a degree in theological studies.
- Minimum of 3 years as associate or lead pastor.
- Provide leadership and vision for the church.
- Regularly preach and teach the Word of God.
- Lead in the planning and conducting of congregational worship services, as well as administering the ordinances.
- Direct plans for ministry, missions, and discipleship.
- Supervise and evaluate church staff.
- Train and help members to identify biblical calling to the office of elder and deacon.
- Demonstrate leadership, organization, and administration; be task-oriented, independently motivated, flexible, and adaptable.
- Other duties that may arise related to the church.
- Officiate in times of weddings, funerals, special services, and be available for spiritual guidance/counseling to church members as needed.
- Regularly preach and teach the Word of God, administering the ordinances, officiate in times of weddings, funerals, special services, and be available for spiritual guidance/counseling to church members as needed.