To further the vision and mission of the church by overseeing and developing programs, strategies, and opportunities for students (6 – 12 Grade) to grow as disciples of Jesus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Gifts
- Strong teaching and communication giftings and skills.
- Passion to share Jesus with students.
- Must possess written and verbal skills.
- Must display a willingness and ability to utilize technology and social media within the ministry.
- Should possess the ability to work with a wide variety of people.
- Be a motivated and successful recruiter and manager of volunteers.
- a. Activities with kids including games of a physical nature, etc.
b. Lifting, pulling, bending, carrying, and pushing as needed to set up activities and events.c. Operation of Church Vehicles.
Expectations and Conditions of Employment
- Exhibits a meaningful and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Engages in regular and ongoing personal discipleship through relational environments.
- Models the Biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- Supports and adheres to the SCC Vision, Mission, Values, and Statement of Faith.
- Ministerial staff must be active, participating members of Sardinia Church of Christ or be willing to become a member at time of employment.
- Engage in pastoral responsibilities, as assigned, including but not limited to teaching, preaching, performing weddings and funerals, assisting in worship services, communion, baptisms, and hospital visits.
- Lead, preach, teach, cast vision, direct, and oversee all aspects of SCC’s Student Ministry.
- Assist in establishing goals and strategies that support SCC’s vision and mission.
- Provide visionary and organizational leadership to SCC’s Student Ministry.
- Recruit, train, equip, schedule and oversee all volunteers for the ministry.
- Develop and manage the Student Ministry budget.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, monthly board meetings, etc.
- Participate in leadership development opportunities and programs includingretreats, conferences, etc.
- Develop and communicate vision for Student Ministry in conjunction with the overall church vision and mission.
- Develop and employ strategies for discipleship for students, including evangelism efforts, small groups, service opportunities, and community engagement.
- Be the primary communicator for Biblical teaching within the Student Ministry.
- Build relationships with parents to partner with them in discipling their students.
- Build strong relationships with students.
- Oversee and execute special events for Student Ministry.
- Collaborate with Children’s Ministry to develop transition into Student Ministry.