Thank you for your interest in a 2021 Summer Youth Internship at Carriage Lane Presbyterian Church. Interns help to facilitate the summer youth program at Carriage Lane. We are seeking college–age men and women who have a heart for God and a desire to come alongside middle school and high school teens. This is an opportunity to be further trained and equipped in the various aspects of ministry, such as outreach, evangelism, discipleship, and service.
The internship is approximately a 10–week commitment that runs from May 26th thru August 1st, 2021.The hours vary each week, but are roughly 40 hours. The summer intern salary is $2500 for this time period, plus free housing from a family or couple in the church if you do not live in the area.
Below,you will find a job description of the summer youth internship. Please prayerfully consider a ministry position at CLPC. If you would like to apply, please contact our Youth Ministry Assistant, Laurie Moffett and request an application. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Duties and Expectations
- Be a Christ–like model for the youth.
- Participate in Youth Group, Sunday School, and Youth activities.
- Teach Youth Group on Wednesdays (male interns).
- Lead Bible study or prayer group during the week. (Guys and girls meet separately for this.)
- Assist the Youth Pastor and Youth Ministry Assistant with planning, organizing, and administering weekly youth activities.
- Communicate with parents and students about youth events through email, text, and social media.
- Assist with Vacation Bible School.
- Look for opportunities of outreach, evangelism, and discipleship.
- Meet one–on–one or two–on–one with youth
- Oversee the Youth Summer Program when the Youth Pastor is away.
Meet weekly with the Youth Pastor to discuss ministry, how time is spent, personal devotions, and prayer
Time Commitment and Pay
- The youth intern will begin May 26th and end August 1st (approximately 10 weeks).
- The usual days off during the week will either be Tuesday and Saturday, or Thursday and Saturday, although these are subject to change
- The youth intern will be paid $2,500 total for the summer. The pay period is once every two weeks.
- Interns will be given a ministry expense budget to pay for their own youth activity costs, meals with youth, etc.
- The intern is expected to be a good steward of this budget and be careful not to overspend.