The Lighting Director works on a team of technical artists to help build the church through the use of lighting. This role works closely with creative directors, producers, and production staff to help lead and manage all things lighting for weekend services and large events. The Lighting Director will both operate services and serve as a coach to volunteers. A deep understanding of professional lighting technology, processes, and procedures is required. Although the role is focused on lighting, the ability to operate in a team environment both in and out of services is crucial.
Candidates must demonstrate a Christ-centered life and the fruits of the spirit in a role that is high pressure and fast-moving. The ideal candidate has great composure, a good balance of creative and technical skills, can manage feedback in a creative environment, and is very organized.
- Support Weekend services through the use of well executed and creative lighting both in an operating and coaching role.
- Work on a team to manage aspects of the lighting rig including fixtures, consoles, and infrastructure.
- Contribute creatively to weekly services and large events through brainstorming, R&D, and implementation.
- Recruit, train, and lead the volunteer Weekend Lighting Team.
- Operate and assist with other services and lighting projects throughout Willow including Midweek services and Staff Meetings.
- 5+ years paid experience working with medium to large lighting rigs
- Proven Lighting Director experience in diverse situations and environments
- Deep understanding of DMX, ArtNet, and digital networking
- Prior experience with broadcast video IMAG and media servers (d3, PVP) as it relates to lighting
- Hands-on experience in rigging required
- Experience with 3D rendering software (Vectorworks, WYSIWYG, SketchUp
- 5+ years living fully devoted to Christ
- Comfortable and cool under intense pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills. High emotional and relational intelligence is required with a focus on customer service
- Able to build, train, and maintain a team of dedicated and skilled volunteers
- The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, highly organized, a self-starter, and helpful. Also willing to equally engage with both simple repetitive tasks and technically complex needs
- Spiritual gifts of Creative Communication, Administration, Helps