Reports To: Senior Minister and Eldership
Position Status: Full-Time/Part-time (Depending on scale and scope of qualifications)
The Worship and Connections Minister (WCM) of Milford Christian Church serves as the primary worship leader of the church as well as fulfilling one or more of the “Connection Components” listed in the job description. The WCM’s primary role is to lead the congregation in worship and praise to God and is responsible for the weekend worship experiences. The WCM is responsible for following the vision and mission of the church and leading the Staff and Congregation to fulfill this vision and mission in conjunction with the leadership team. The WCM reports to and works directly under the Senior Minister and alongside the Eldership to maintain the health and faithfulness of the church. This person should lead by example and should cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. The person in this role should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large and lead with integrity, courage, and humility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate & Develop Worship Services in cooperation with MCC Ministers.
- Recruit new worship and technical team members.
- Encourage and foster musical abilities in musicians.
- Develop special worship services as appropriate. (Christmas eve, Good Friday, Worship Nights)
- Continuing knowledge of current worship practices and styles.
- Oversee & Maintain the technical team—Audio, lighting, and presentations
- Purchase and maintain technical equipment for the entire church under the supervision of the overseeing minister. (Lights, sound equipment, cameras, projectors, etc.)
- Possess a working knowledge of current audio, lighting, and presentation equipment for use in any service or special event.
- Maintain a working knowledge of technology upgrades and various platforms for use in worship—recording and streaming options as well.
- Counseling duties as needed and under the supervision of ministers
- Pastoral duties (i.e. funerals, weddings, etc.) as needed
- Work to build healthy, professional and pastoral relationships with worship team members through a variety of communication techniques and appropriate personal contact and availability.
- Maintain a growing and deepening relationship with God
- Be a regular, consequential giver to the church
- Adhere to and teach the theological positions of the church
- Model the qualifications of a biblical leader (I Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9)
- Model Biblical community – participate in a regular group (Matt 5:23-24, Matt
- 18:15-17, Eph. 4:25-32)
- Model Biblical family life (Eph. 5:22-6:4)
- Model Biblical integrity (1 Timothy 6:11-12)
- Model Biblical humility (Phil 2:5-11)
- Maintain a proper budget for your ministry (including proper records, receipts, etc.)
- Must be willing to work on continuing education (seminars, conferences, additional degrees, etc.)
- Work on continual volunteer recruitment and training
- Help leaders cast and develop vision for your ministry group including tangible and measurable goals
- Must be a team player
- Develop and maintain relationships with peers in ministry
- Must maintain consistent office hours
- Must attend and participate in regular staff meetings
- Must have appropriate, current computer skills
- Must provide necessary music and worship tools in a timely manner
- Must be able to do light physical work
- Must be able to work in conjunction with your overseeing minister – including proper communication and developing a good working relationship.
- Experience with Pro Presenter and Planning Center Online
- Experience working with and leading teams of musicians and vocalists
- Knowledge on how to read and understand a variety of musical notation—sheet music, lead sheets, chord charts, etc.—as well as how to use them in a blended setting.
- Working knowledge of current worship music trends with an appreciation for traditional modes of worship and their usage when appropriate
- Work with recording, video editing, and streaming platforms.
(May include at least ONE of these roles alongside of worship ministry responsibilities based on giftedness, experience, and personality of the applicant for full-time position)
Assimilation and Communication
- Work with first impressions team to provide warm and welcoming introduction to MCC
- Oversee and help with recruiting of gifted volunteers for first impression ministry
- Oversee lobby and worship center/stage elements to maintain a welcoming environment
- Develop & Maintain the Communications/Marketing strategy of the church (Website Communications, Social Media, Streaming Platforms)
- Work with IT team to maintain relevant and current design elements for web platforms
- Develop, facilitate, & maintain a healthy groups ministry (Life groups, Sunday School, activities groups, etc.)
- Continual development and oversight of pathway to discipleship—Next Step Class, knowing and using spiritual gifts, service in ministry teams, etc.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite larger events (Men’s, Women’s, Couple’s group conferences or retreats)
- Curriculum Evaluation & Development
- Occasional speaking responsibilities
- Develop, facilitate, & maintain a healthy outreach ministry (community projects, involvement teams, )
- Expand community involvement/connections—Events, Seipelt Elementary, others
- Develop “in your neighborhood” outreach ideas for families to incorporate on their street
- Start church wide service projects and opportunities for groups
- Coordinate volunteer efforts into programs within the community/community run
- Community United liaison and Multi-Church event coordinator
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.