First Baptist Church of Hayden, Alabama is seeking a full-time Worship Pastor/Minister of Music. Hayden is a growing community in west Blount County located 25 minutes north of Birmingham and 25 minutes south of Cullman.
This man shall be one who has experienced a definite call of God to lead the music ministry. This man shall be a mature and growing follower of Jesus Christ.
- Experience in worship leadership required
- Undergraduate degree preferred (experience considered)
- Ability to read music
- Quality singing voice
- Proficient in other instruments, preferably piano or guitar
- Competent and comfortable with both traditional and contemporary styles of worship
- Knowledgeable in audio/ technology
- Strong people and organizational skills
- Serve as a member of the Church Council
- Direct the music program of the church
- Select or supervise the selection of the music portion of the worship service in cooperation with the Pastor in making the total service effective
- Lead the choir and/or praise team in regular services, weekly practice meetings and special services for Christmas, Easter, Revival services, or other special events in the church
- Supervise the pianist and other instrumentalists as needed to enhance the music ministry of the church
- Serve as the Chairman of the Audio/Technology committee, and supervise the Audio/Technology personnel
- Seek to develop and train members of the church in the area of church music
- Cooperate with the church Nominating Committee to enlist and train leaders for the church music ministry
- Maintain the music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments and other equipment.
- Keep informed on music methods, materials, promotions and administration
- Prepare an annual music budget for approval; administer the approved budget
- Plan, organize and promote any special activities that might enhance the experience in a musical group as appropriate to the abilities and needs of the group, such as music camps, fellowship outings, tours, etc.
- Arrange music for weddings or funerals when requested
- Cooperate with association and state leaders in promoting activities of mutual interest
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Pastor
- Fulfill the job description duties and responsibilities as outlined by the Personnel Committee