The Director of Communications position presents an exciting opportunity to take on a leadership role here at Northshore Community Church. Use your communications experience and knowledge while developing strategies for team motivation and optimal results. As a strategic thinker, people developer, and one who is passionate about how communication mediums can be used to reach people for Jesus, this management role will give you a chance to join a healthy growing church here in the Kirkland, WA area. You’ll play an essential role in the success of Northshore by ensuring that we communicate effectively across platforms. This position has the potential for further career development and satisfying professional challenges and benefits.
- Develop the overall Communication strategy and systems for Northshore.
- Proactively identify and implement effective ways to communicate our mission, vision, and values to our community and those we are tasked to reach
- Take an active role in Donor Development through analyzing, communicating, and relationship-building with key donors.
- Lead communications team (staff, contractors, and volunteers) with accountability, vision, and passion
- High proficiency in writing skills, expecting to speak on behalf of Northshore, its staff, and senior leadership
- Able to prepare in advance to respond to moments of cultural significance
Job Skills & Qualifications
What you Bring
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- At least 5 years of working on a Communications Team and 2 years of management experience are preferred.
- Excellent organizational, oral, and written communications
- Eye for detail and ability to give effective feedback
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Ability to implement and maintain project management software to manage and oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- A visionary team builder that leads with the why
- Evidence of a growing relationship with Jesus and a regular contributor to Northshore
- Has Northshore as a church home and actively pursuing membership
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- Competitive PTO plan
- 14 paid holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Medical, dental, vision, HSA
- 403B contribution opportunity – up to 6% matching
- Cell phone stipend
- Tuition reimbursement and development opportunities