We are seeking a capable pastor, teacher and preacher who desires to assist the Rector, Fr. Karl Dietze, in the ongoing life and ministry of the parish, and be in an active mentoring relationship with him. In particular, the Assistant Rector will work with youth and family discipleship.
The Assistant would, in general, assist the Rector in implementing the parish mission. This would include tasks assigned at the Rector’s discretion, acting as a sounding board and conversation partner for the Rector with regard to various aspects of planning and implementation, and weekly mentoring, prayer and planning with the Rector.
The Assistant must:
- Have a confident faith in Jesus Christ and an ability to joyfully share that relationship with others.
- Be ordained within the Anglican Communion or on track/willing to be.
- Have a willingness and desire to be mentored by the Rector.
- Be a “people person,” a “team builder” and a “self-starter”with a good work ethic.
- Have a positive personality and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Have a willingness to make a commitment of at least two years of service to Trinity.
Anyone interested in applying should send the following to The Rev. Karl E. Dietze’s email.
- A cover letter stating why you think you would be a good candidate for this position.
- A resume (no more than two pages, please).
- Electronic copies or links to two video sermons.
- Three personal references who are able to speak to your love of Jesus and ministry skills. Brief answers to the following:
- 1.Briefly describe your family background and what led you to Christ.
- 2.What is it about parish ministry that you find attractive?
- 3.What spiritual gifts and skills can you bring to this congregation that will help us to grow in our spiritual and common life?
- 4.How would you propose to attract, nurture, and retain families with youth?
- 5.How would you propose to minister to older members of our congregation?