Desired Qualifications: Candidates for this position must have made a personal commitment to Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and must demonstrate the reality of that relationship through their life and testimony.
Overview: Bivocational position to develop and maintain strategies that will allow Fellowship at Field Store Church to minister to 6th – 12th grade students in a way that glorifies God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit. As a member of the Leadership Team, the Youth Pastor will help the church family reach, love, and make disciples of our youth and young adults, while discipling them in order that they achieve spiritual growth. While rooted in building relationships with junior high and high school students, an emphasis will be on equipping parents as disciplers of their own children. Lastly, to develop a discipling process that helps students grow consistently as disciples and leaders, as they cross different life stages, while building partnerships between church, home and the community.
- Establish annual goals, objectives and plans to implement the youth ministry strategies.
- Plan and oversee all youth activities and programs with a primary focus on Wednesday night youth services and Sunday School. This will also apply to youth retreats, mission trips, other special events and responsibility for all youth related classes (6th – 12th grade).
- Establish a friendly rapport with and among the youth through a variety of fun, and purposeful activities.
- Develop and promote biblically-based education through Sunday School and other programs.
- Encourage the youth to get involved in ministry and provide them frequent opportunities to do so.
- Provide spiritual guidance and counseling to the youth as called upon. Give ongoing opportunities to hear the gospel message, opportunities for discipleship and to assist them to become spiritually mature Christians.
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteer youth staff.
- Maintain open communication with church staff, parents, youth and members of the congregation.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, Admin meetings and Church members meeting.
- Occasional pulpit preaching as designated by the Senior Pastor.
- Home and/or school visitation, parent/guardian connection.
- College Degree preferred
- Spiritual calling into Ministry
- Must be willing to become a member at Fellowship at Field Store Church for this position.
- Must be a born again, baptized believer.
- Must be a good Christian role model. References will be requested later in the selection process.
- Must be willing to undergo a mandatory background investigation.
- Shall perform the duties of his position while submitting to the leadership of the senior pastor.
- Master’s in divinity or working towards a ministry degree preferred
- Ordination or working towards ordination
- Technology experience preferred
- Worship experience preferred