Our Children’s Ministry style is simple, relational, and focused on coming alongside of parents to lead their children in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We value key outreach events like our summer arts/sports camp and a fall festival, but the core of our kids ministry happens on Sunday mornings while kids gather in small groups for teaching & discussion, and in larger groups for worship and a lesson centered on God’s Word. We’re looking for someone to lead Hope’s Children’s Ministry, with a primary focus on Sunday mornings.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and follow Jesus daily
- Love, Believe, and follow the Bible (agree with Hope’s Statement of Faith & Bylaws)
- Love People & Have a Servant’s Heart, putting others’ needs ahead of your own
- Cultivate Gospel-centered relationships with unbelievers and share the Gospel regularly
- Relate well with and show kindness to others, always practicing hospitality
- Always seek and connect with unreached or unconnected people
- Make Hope Church’s mission your own mission
- Elevate the unity of the church, not being prone to cliques, gossip, divisiveness, or anything that will lead to disharmony @ Hope
- Team Player, Teachable, Self Starter
- Love, Lead, & Grow Hope’s Kids Ministry Team
- Teach & Tell Stories well
- Have experience with (or the ability to learn) the use of Propresenter, Lighting controls, Digital Sound Board, Video components, and other creative elements
- Train others to teach/lead (we value having multiple people who can teach kids under the lead of our main children’s leader)
- Participate weekly in a Hope Small Group (eventual goal will be to lead or co-lead a group)
- This is considered a part-part time salaried position with the potential to grow (salary to be discussed)
- Weekly Staff Meeting (time will flex according to staff needs)
- Weekly Kid’s Volunteer Team Meeting (time will flex according to volunteer needs)
- Weekly attendance on Sundays and as needed for special events (4-6 weeks off per year)
- Attendance as needed for other Hope Teams (planning, programming, etc…)
- The weight of this position leans heavily towards being a self starting team player who will be accessibile and get the job done. Office hours will not be required at this time.
- Candidate will successfully pass Hope’s nationwide background screening and Hope’s Training for Kids Workers.