Job Type: (10-12 hours per week)
Education: High School Diploma required (collegiate education preferred)
Experience: Church Leadership, 1 year (Preferred); Children’s Ministry, 3 years (Preferred)
Work Authorization: United States (Required)
This is a paid part-time bi-vocational position.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The ideal candidate will be a gifted in working with children, parents and volunteer staff. The will have overall responsibility of the children’s ministry from birth to 6th grade. Candidate will need some church staff experience in planning and directing age related classes and services for Sundays and Wednesdays. This person will report to the Discipleship Pastor and must be available on Sundays at 9:00am-12:30pm and Wednesdays at 6pm-8:45pm.
Additional desired qualifications include:
● Time management skills to arrive on time for rehearsals and church services.
● Strong communication (written and oral), organization, and teamwork skills.
● Experience with organizing and training volunteers.
Spiritual qualifications include:
● Strong, clear Christian testimony and relationship with Jesus Christ.
● Sound Biblical doctrine and understanding of Scripture.
· Lead the children’s ministry birth to 6th grade that includes a weekly Sunday experience form 9:00am-12:30pm and Wednesday from 6:00pm-8:30pm
· Develop and lead seasonal children’s activities.
· Lead according to the vision and model of OBBC as outlined in the document “OBBC Vision & Model.”
· Demonstrate accountability to the expectations outlined in the document “OBBC General Expectations for All Ministry Positions.”
· Oversee nursery lead. (See Nursery Lead Job Description)
· Recruit, train, supervise, and support teachers and volunteers.
· Create, maintain, and communicate a schedule for all teachers and volunteers.
· Ensure a clean, safe, nurturing environment for children Nursery to 6th Grade.
· Provide a structured environment, through the use of a curriculum, utilizing age appropriate activities.
· Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with the Discipleship Pastor and/or other appropriate church staff any needs, concerns, or issues as they arise.
· Communicate with parents and other church members in a positive manner.
This job will require you to pass a background check: Yes