Purpose: To oversee development of a comprehensive communication strategy and provide support to effectively communicate the Gospel and the mission/vision of FBC within the church and greater community.
- Must have an active, mature, personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- Must be (or become) an active member of First Baptist Church, Columbia.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information entrusted to communicate
- Must possess a high level of interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be a detailed person with the ability to organize, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks.
- Have an attitude of teamwork and flexibility with the ability to make changes as needed to various projects
- Have the ability to think outside the box and commit to personal growth and new ideas/strategies
- Computer proficiency is required with a knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and/or Final Cut preferred. Basic Photoshop is a must
- Must have a degree in marketing, communications, graphic design/video or other relevant media disciplines
- Must have a calling to serve the local church in ministry (previous church experience is a plus)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Worship Arts Pastor to cast vision and to coordinate all communication to/for the church.
- Help the Worship Arts Pastor to implement a comprehensive strategy to reach more people with the Gospel and for better effective communication within the church body
- Help expand the reach of the Gospel by FBC through managing social media and other marketing efforts
- Help define and solidify the brand identity of FBC in the greater Mid-TN community
- Coordinate all church-wide communications initiatives: worship guide, Web site, sign, monitors, ads, and special projects.
- Partner and resource internal communication efforts within various church ministries
- Develop and explore new avenues to creatively and effective refine the messaging of FBC internally and externally
- Develop and maintain a communications policy and style guide
- Manage and maintain the communications budget
- Develop an empowered and innovative creative culture by cultivating creatives/volunteers who focus on the church’s mission and vision
- Create and edit video content for major communications initiatives/develop and schedule videographers (20% of the job)
- Maintain Web site content and produce weekly information tools for church members (newsletters, social media posts, guides etc) .
- Create and design digital graphic content (or know how to manage/get the best out of graphic designers)
Full Time Position that direct reports to the Worship Arts Pastor