– A strong commitment to Christ and his church.
– A robust understanding of, and commitment to the historical reformed tradition.
– A gift for engaging in cultural conversations utilizing a reformed worldview; working hard to speak with Truth and Grace.
– An attitude of humility and a posture of continual learning.
– A team player; excited to work with others and help other ministries succeed.
– A self-starter – able to brainstorm creative ideas that align with the church mission and bring them to fruition without being told what to do or micromanaged.
– Be or become a professing member of Visalia CRC
– At least a bachelors degree in a related field of study (communication, ministry, theology)
– Be able to develop and utilize creative approaches for youth ministry.
– Be able to easily connect and communicate with youth and parent-aged church members.
– Be able to lead and equip a team of small group leaders
Youth Ministry Responsibilities (35-40 hrs/week)*
– Lead Junior High and High School Ministry programs and activities that foster a love for
God, the Bible, and His Church.
– Tailor or write a curriculum for weekly gatherings that is relevant to the youth and aligns with CRC teaching.
– Recruit, train, and disciple small group leaders for both Junior High and High School
– Continue to learn and understand age-specific issues.
– Work with the youth committee along with the other youth director by engaging in
discussions on, and receiving input for, the vision, goals, and evaluation of the youth
– Work with the Youth and Education committees to coordinate High School Sunday School
– Assist in the development of annual budget requests and goals for review.
– Engage with and maintain a presence on the students’ preferred social media platforms.
– Be willing to mentor a summer intern.
– Coordinate with other church staff members.