GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assist the Senior Minister as needed in all aspects of effectively ministering to the congregation. Manage THE PATH, Galilee’s discipleship process. This includes our Connect Group system. Develop and lead a healthy and effective discipling ministry to the congregation in accordance with the vision and mission of Galilee Christian Church. Also important is building events that help connect our current members to one another as well as events that are outreach oriented that invite people in. We work on these types of events utilizing all our staff, but this role will be essential in the successful implementation of these events.
1. Develop and coach new leaders/volunteers in a variety of ministries in the church.
2. Help the members of your ministry experience the whole church as a common, interconnected body of believers.
3). Work with THE PATH process to help all new Galilee members’ progress down a path of discipleship through our Discover-Connect-Serve-Share model.
They are to Discover Galilee; Connect in relationships through groups; Serve in the Church and learn to make disciples by sharing their faith.
The successful leader in this role will be able to produce regular written reports for the Senior Minister and Elders showing how each cohort of new members is being “walked” through this process. Quarterly reports will also show in detail the effectiveness of THE PATH with said cohort.
4). Organize and facilitate Galilee’s Connect Groups, recruit, train, and equip Connection Group leaders.
5). Partner with Senior Minister in assimilation and oversight of entire congregation.
6). Assist in worship services; preaching; teaching, leading; etc. as needed.
7). Develop and lead innovative outreach events alongside our other staff and volunteers that help us reach people outside our church and effectively minister to those inside it.
1. A stable, mature and growing disciple of Jesus who is able to serve as a model to the congregation as a whole under his care. Loves God; loves people.
2. Emotional maturity, relational authenticity, personal integrity.
3. Demonstrated leadership ability and ministry experience.
4. The ability to relate naturally and well to young adults and senior adults both inside and outside the church.
5. Excellent communication skills. The ability to speak and teach well.
6. Theological training and wisdom.
7. Agreement with our doctrine (In keeping with Restoration Movement Christian Churches) and excitement about our mission.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: The Associate Minister/Minister of Discipleship reports directly to the Senior Minister, who is responsible for the oversight of all ministry staff.
Please keep in mind that at Galilee Christian Church we do have job descriptions, but everyone must be willing to do whatever it takes to see effective ministry happen. This will mean that we all have a servant’s heart and are willing to do whatever it takes for this to come to fruition.