Church: Harvest Bible Chapel
Location: Elgin, IL
Church Attendance: 6,000
ABOUT HARVEST BIBLE CHAPEL
Located in Chicago, IL, Harvest Bible Chapel is one church on six campuses with one mission: To glorify God through the fulfillment of the Great Commission.
Today Harvest Bible Chapel is a family of thousands, with Christ-adoring worshipers on multiple campuses throughout Chicagoland. But it started as a group of 18 people, who gathered from five different churches across the northwest suburbs and desired to form a new church. They developed a vision for this church, which grew into the Five Pillars—Unapologetic Preaching, Unashamed Adoration, Unceasing Prayer, Unafraid Witness, and Unconditional Love. Built on the foundation of Jesus Christ and framed by these pillars, Harvest Bible Chapel was launched on September 18, 1988, at Rolling Meadows High School.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Lead Creative Director reports to the Lead Teaching Pastor and is responsible for leading the Creative Team at Harvest. This role provides specific leadership and management of Vertical Worship, Worship and Production departments, as well as creative elements of the Communications department, overseeing the creative elements of weekend services and other creative expressions of the church to drive the mission of Harvest forward.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities:
- Direct oversight of the Worship and Production departments.
- Oversee the creative direction of weekend services in partnership with the Lead Teaching Pastor and Lead Worship Pastor and in collaboration with the Creative Team (Worship, Production, Communications).
- Partner with the Lead Pastor of Worship and the Lead Teaching Pastor to implement fresh creative elements that drive the mission of the church forward.
- Lead regular creative meetings to brainstorm, plan, develop, and implement creative initiatives; and manage project timelines to ensure all deliverables are completed on time.
- Collaborate with the Lead Pastor of Worship and Production Director to create relevant designs, innovative production elements, and engaging content, creating consistent environments for worship services across all campuses and special events.
- Serve as a senior leader speaking into high-level topics.
- Manage the compensation budget for Worship and Production.
- Manage the ministry budgets for Worship, Production, and Vertical Worship with the department heads.
- Oversee Vertical Worship in partnership with the Lead Worship Pastor by providing administrative leadership and financial oversight.
- Be the main point of contact between the Lead Teaching Pastor and the Creative Team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external vendors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of senior level leadership at a church size of 4,000+ preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience in planning/strategy/vision casting/equipping.
- Proven skills in building effective teams.
- Ability to lead and compel creative teams.
- Ability to explain “What Harvest Bible Chapel believes.”
- Be an active, engaged and accountable member of a small group.