A. General Job Description: Help people focus, connect, serve, worship, and honor God. At Mull’s Grove Baptist Church, we help any willing person reach their fullest potential to become radically Christ-like. This assignment is to love people and to empower them to ministry, but most importantly a worship leader who loves to lead God’s people into God’s presence through creative, culturally relevant, Biblically guided, passionate multi-generational worship. This minister will exemplify to his best ability the truth of 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-6. This position calls for a rich lover of Jesus Christ and a valuable resource for the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
B. Specific Job Description:
- Integrity, servanthood, teamwork, and humility, must be moment by moment priorities.
- Be a servant leader.
- Always speak truth in grace. Model God’s truth, grace, mercy, forgiveness, holiness, fellowship, prayer, patience, and sacrifice.
- Never lie. Never betray a confidence.
- Share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in an appropriate manner regularly.
- Advance the Vision and Mission of Mull’s Grove Baptist Church.
- Protect yourself and all of God’s family at MGBC from sin and deception at all times.
- Oversight of the personnel, scheduling, equipment, and technical ministry of sound, lights, video, PPT, and Easy Worship in the sanctuary and all worship services.
- Be sensitive to the leading of the Holy Spirit, even if it means last minute changes.
- Meet with Senior Pastor weekly to coordinate music to flow with planned message, creating a cohesive worship service.
- Lead a Blended Worship Service, that ministers to all ages in the congregation.
- Develop and practice with all choirs: Adult, Youth, and Children.
- Practice separately with musicians.
- Plan and execute all special music throughout the year. (Cantatas, Candlelight Service, Good Friday Service, etc.)
- Seek music groups for Homecoming Services and Revivals.
- Report all music to CCLI.
- Oversee the Choir room and all music areas.
- Ministerial duties to include discipleship, outreach, visitation, and pastoral emergencies that occur within worship ministries as needed.
- Provide oversight of Audio/Visual team and all volunteers within the worship ministries.
- Provide guidance for music and worship (as requested) for weddings, and funerals.
- Office hours to be coordinated with the Senior Pastor.
- This information above is not a complete job description but identifies the primary tasks.
C. Responsible To: The Minister of Music will coordinate with and report to the Senior Pastor.
D. Length of Service: The Minister of Music will serve as long as God desires.
E. Quality of Performance: The Minister of Music will give your best to Jesus, not someone else’s best.
Compensation Package is dependent upon experience