POSITION: Ministry Coordinator –– Lincoln Square DEPARTMENT: Lincoln Square Congregation REPORTS TO: Director of Ministry
Full-time; 40 hours per week; Monday-Friday
The Ministry Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support to the Redeemer LSQ team and assists with various communications needs. This includes tasks and projects related to office management, event planning, data management, and general congregational care.
This position is highly tactical and administrative in nature, but also people-intensive. Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem-solving and interpersonal skills are essential. Through high attention to detail, proactive problem-solving, and the ability to multitask, the Ministry coordinator will play an important role in helping the Lincoln Square team achieve our ministry goals and priorities.
Office Management and Administrative Support –– 25% (10 hours/week)
● Prepare any needed materials for our weekly Staff meeting.
● Input all visitors into the building database for entry.
● Keep an inventory of office supplies and order new items when running low.
● Assist our pastor with administrative tasks like calendar management and scheduling
● Organize and maintain LSQ storage spaces including supply cabinets and closet.
● Identify administrative bottlenecks or problems and develop workable solutions.
● Assist with the management of our All-Staff calendar.
● Assist with any and all bulk mailings (Christmas cards, birthday cards, donor relations correspondence, etc.)
● Work with the Director of Ministry and Pastor to develop agendas, print and gather materials for major meetings such as planning days, Session meetings, etc.
● Submit all bills for payment through bill.com
● Submit musician payments each week
● Other administrative tasks and needs as they arise including printing, scanning, and database queries.
Communications –– 25% (10 hours/week)
● Coordinate the gathering of the liturgical elements of Sunday worship with our Pastoral team each week.
● Lay-out and coordinate the printing of our Sunday worship bulletin and Connect brochure each week using Adobe Creative Suite.
● Manage our office phone line and general email inbox, fielding all inbound requests (internal and external).
● Assist our Communications Specialist with creating and posting content for our various social media accounts.
● Assist our Communications Specialist with concepting and executing emails.
● Provide creative and project management support to our in-house Graphic Designer.
● Execute on generosity communications and mailings per the direction of the Communications Specialist
Database Management –– 20% (8 hours/week)
● Oversee all aspects of the TouchPoint database to advance the ministry goals of LSQ. Serve as the LSQ “expert” in TouchPoint with the ability to pull numbers, develop queries, and answer questions for the LSQ staff team.
● Engage with Redeemer’s Information Services team and the LSQ team to develop and build new tools and reports for system advancement.
● Input all bulletin tear-off cards from our weekly Sunday worship service into the for follow up from a member of our staff.
● Assist our Communications Specialist with the creation and upkeep of event registrations and other ministry groups.
● Manage all rosters for LSQ events and classes. Review and update as needed.
● Update various ministry reports and reconcile our database on a consistent basis.
● Record all contact made with congregants in TouchPoint database at the direction of the Communications Specialist.
● Pull monthly and quarterly database statistics to share with the Director of Ministry, Pastor and elders
Events Planning and Logistics –– 15% (6 hours/week)
● Assist with event space search and rentals/bookings for special events and discipleship classes.
● Assist in departmental administrative responsibilities including expense reports, billing, printing curriculum for classes, etc.
● Assist with day-of preparations for events such as Membership Class, Catalyst, Christmas Party, etc. (this may require work outside of typical work hours)
Membership and Congregational Care –– 15% (6 hours/week)
● Offer administrative support to our Pastoral team in regards to our church membership process, including but not limited to:
○ Create and oversee registration for all membership classes and follow-up with both to receive and input attendance after the classes are complete.
○ Send follow-up emails to potential members after the membership class that includes next steps on how to become a member, as well as the necessary application.
○ Create a Membership Action Sheet of all interviewed congregants to be presented and approved at Session. Coordinate with pastoral staff to input their interviews into TouchPoint. Provide logistical support as necessary.
○ Schedule members after they are approved by Session to take membership vows, and provide them with logistical direction for that Sunday’s service.
○ Track the membership process for each individual in TouchPoint following the necessary Redeemer protocols and upkeep our records related to church membership and baptisms.
● Offer administrative support to our Pastoral team in regards to 2Q, one of our major initiatives for member/congregational care:
○ Assign all members to participating deacons, deaconesses, and elders.
○ Input these assignments into TouchPoint for data management and clarity.
○ Update the 2Q instructions document to send to the participating deacons, deaconesses, and elders.
○ Assist in any questions that may arise throughout the process, including
re-assignments, cancellations, and general knowledge regarding TouchPoint.
● Active engagement in Redeemer community and passion for vision of Redeemer and Children’s Ministry.
● Minimum four year undergraduate degree required.
● Experience in an administrative role.
● Experience in managing data for organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
● Ability to organize and advance multiple projects at once.
● Experience planning and executing events (specific to logistics).
● Aptitude for communicating effectively.
● Ability to manage full administrative details of an organization.
● Ability to think proactively and anticipate and meet administrative needs.
● Has experience with database management (or CRM) tools a plus
● Comfort and competence navigating a complex organization and a dynamic ministry environment.
● Commitment to take initiative, own and follow through on administrative details and projects.
● Ability to build relationships and trust across broad set of staff and volunteers.
● Flexibility to work evening and weekend events as needed.
● Must work out of the office at least 4 days per week.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
● Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
● Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel), online applications (Google calendar/docs), and Adobe Creative Suite.
● Must be in possession of administrative, interpersonal, organizational, technological, and problem solving skills.
● Experience in writing and editing is preferred.
● Experience with or an active interest in photography, videography and/or graphic design is preferred.
● Experience with social media marketing for an organization is a plus.