This pastoral level position exists as part of our staff team to develop, coordinate, strategize, and administrate an effective and expanding ministry to preschoolers, children, youth, young adults, and their families. This person will serve as the primary catalyst for leading volunteers in these areas. This person also ministers to our partner public schools.
The Ideal Candidate
Education and Experience
· 1+ years of ministry experience, preferably in children/youth.
· Undergraduate degree preferred; Seminary is a plus.
· Called by God to serve in this type of Gospel ministry, in accordance with 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus.
· Evangelical in theology and consistent with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
· Practically living out biblical standards of leadership and commitment to Christ- Centered Biblical principles.
· A heart for cross cultural ministry.
· Familiar with a church environment with a rich history and drive to reach the community.
· Promote a safe environment for all ages to grow in the wisdom and knowledge of Jesus.
· A strong, demonstrated relationship with Jesus Christ.
· A heart for each age group, including families, driven to encourage discipleship within the home.
· Ability to enable community of families within the ministry as part of the whole church family.
· Ability to communicate the vision of the Senior Pastor and church with each age group and family.
· Able to creatively teach the principles of Scripture for application to daily life.
· Administration of available resources, including annual budget, volunteers, and facility.
· Coordination of various ministries, including Community Groups, Wednesday night activities, outreach events, and camps.
· Familiar with various curriculums and resources for the scope of ministry
· Willingness to work in a team atmosphere of ministry, under the supervision of the Lead Pastor.
· Can balance the serious nature of ministry and the fun part of serving together with the ability to function within a safe environment of healthy conflict and mission.