ANNOUNCEMENT: Lake Hills Baptist Church (Schererville, IN) awaits the arrival of its next full-time Pastor of Worship & Arts to help the congregation become a younger version of itself, one that is more outward focused, more visitor friendly, more attractive to the community, and more evangelistic. Email [email protected] for more info.
SUMMARY: The Worship Pastor will work closely with the Senior pastor in cultivating worship services and worship teams that help lead our congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ in the power of the Spirit. He will oversee the various aspects of Worship Ministries and provide leadership over tech and digital ministries.
- This person is a committed follower of Christ, growing in his faith, and modeling a life of worship in both his private and professional life.
- This individual is gifted in leading congregational worship, possesses leadership and organizational skills, is a team player and has a pastor’s
- This person is an accomplished musician able to play instruments such as the guitar, piano, etcetera, and also able to read music and lead others in areas of vocal and instrumental music. Solid musical skills are a must and a degree in a related field is
- This person spiritually qualified, mature and teachable and is in agreement with the Statement of Faith, vision and leadership structure of our
- Has the ability to pastor and mentor church members as a spiritual
- Has experience leading and developing a worship team (i.e. creating set lists, leading a band, leading worship rehearsals both vocally and instrumentally, creating a worship experience, )
- Has a working knowledge of lighting, video and sound
- Has the ability to recruit, train and lead ministry
- Has a genuine love for people and the ability to get along with
- Has a working knowledge of sound equipment and worship
- Plan our weekly Sunday worship service. Choosing worship songs, new and old, that engage the congregation in worship and support the reading and preaching of God’s
- Model and lead heartfelt worship in an invitational style – that draws people in, encourages participation, and points people to Jesus.
- Recruit, audition, teach, and train musicians in the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and
- Lead weekly rehearsals that serve a dual purpose: preparation for Sunday and cultivation of Christ- centered community.
- Build on our traditions and have a vision for where God might be calling our congregation and our musicians to grow in new expressions of
- Serve as a member of the pastoral team of our church, demonstrating a commitment to this congregation and its
- Oversee and coordinate tech, digital and audiovisual ministries and volunteers.