Pastor of Youth & Young Adults
Christ’s Family Church – Davenport, IA
Church: Christ’s Family Church
Location: Davenport, Iowa
Denomination: Reformed Church in America
Weekly Attendance: 200 in person
ABOUT CHRIST’S FAMILY CHURCH
Christ’s Family Church is a multi-generational church embracing the mission of leading people to Christ, equipping them for service in the Kingdom of God, and sending them out to reach others with the Gospel. The congregation’s greatest hope is to more effectively live out that mission through the concerted efforts of congregants, existing staff, and newly staffed positions, including a Pastor of Youth and Young Adults.
ABOUT THE PASTOR OF YOUTH & YOUNG ADULTS:
The Pastor of Youth & Young Adults will provide overall direction, coordination, and implementation of the youth and young adult ministries of the congregation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement short- and long-term plans for ministerial growth and evangelism directed at youth and young adults.
- Teach and coordinate youth and young adult classes in collaboration with the Director of Education.
- Interact and communicate effectively with youth and young adults using social media and by building strong, vibrant interpersonal relationships.
- Disciple youth and young adults in growing and developing their faith and fulfilling the Great Commission both within the church and our community through regular weekly events, Sunday School classes, and special events, including mission outreach.
- Provide opportunities for youth and young adults to experience ministry, mission, and outreach opportunities, both within and outside the church.
- Recruit, organize, train, motivate, and supervise youth and young adult ministry volunteers and leaders through regular team meetings and focused training.
- Chair the Youth Committee and develop a team of four-to-five dedicated volunteers who help in the administration and oversight of youth and young adult ministry programs.
- If ordained, assist the Lead Pastor in preaching duties, congregational visitation, and participating in consistory meetings.
- Have a sincere love for and commitment to Jesus Christ as personal Lord and Savior as demonstrated in a daily walk with Him and a deep understanding of the Gospel as the only power unto salvation.
- Demonstrate high levels of organization and be capable of effectively initiating, developing, promoting, and leading youth and young adult activities.
- Shepherd and train the next generations of God’s flock by overseeing middle and high school youth and young adult ministry, conducting regular meetings with them, participating in conferences, mission trips, and other special activities, and engaging our local communities through meaningful relationships in our neighborhoods and schools.
- Be a gifted leader and able to teach and apply God’s Word to youth, young adults, and their families in today’s challenging cultural setting.
- Be a creative self-starter who is passionate about the Gospel, ardently teaching and sharing it with youth and young adults.
- If non-ordained, a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, accompanied by experience or training in ministry to the local church. If ordained, a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary.
- Devote 70% of time to youth ministry and 30% to young adult ministry with an emphasis on fellowship and discipleship, while building strong and meaningful interpersonal relationships.
- Become a professing member of CFC (if not ordained) and adhere to CFC’s beliefs and statements.
- Affirm a traditional view of marriage, gender and human sexuality.