The Church of St. Peter and St. Paul, located in Roanoke, Virginia, seeks a part-time, ordained Anglican Priest to lead our small, yet committed, congregation. St. Peter and St. Paul is a church of the Diocese of the Mid-Atlantic, of the Anglican Church in North America,
The Roanoke Valley is centrally located in Virginia, surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, with a diverse population of approximately 220,000 people.
St. Peter and St. Paul is a believing, praying, and faithful, welcoming church family committed to seeking, worshiping and glorifying the Lord. We want to grow spiritually and impact our local communities for Christ. Our blended congregation is made up of primarily Anglicans and Lutherans. We draw on the rich liturgy and theology of both traditions.
We are searching for a pastor, preacher and teacher to help us share God’s word within a traditional form of worship as well as spread the love of Christ throughout our community. The ideal candidate would have a heart for the Gospel, be grounded in prayer and committed to the authority of Scripture.
Other requirements include:
· Ability to lead our church family with humility, kindness, love and patience and embody maturity in the practice of ministry
· Demonstrated experience in leading and guiding effective pastoral care to meet the needs of the members of the congregation
· Demonstrated leadership and administrative capabilities
· A commitment to traditional music in the worship experience as well as an openness to contemporary praise
· Experience working collegially with worship leadership
· A commitment, in partnership with the congregation, to sharing God’s word in the community, inviting new members and growing our church family
Interested applicants should submit a resume and spiritual autobiography to Cyndi Jennings. Applications will be accepted until the Search Committee identifies a candidate.